Quantcast

Tivo Premiere + Revue + Harmony One

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by tomm1079, Dec 13, 2011.

1. tomm1079

tomm1079 New Member

I have a Tivo Premiere, Revue and a harmony one.

Now i love my harmony so i want to keep it in the setup and use the keyboard for when i need to type.

If i use them separately everything works great. I can control everything on the tivo via the keyboard and it works out with no delays at all. I then setup the Google TV profile on my harmony and this is where things get interesting. When i hit the commands it only works once out of every 5 or so times. I do not understand this since it works great without the IR blaster with the keyboard but as soon as i put the harmony remote it seems to not pick it up correctly. If i use the IR blaster it gets a little better but it still seems like it is not as good as it should be.

The revue is sitting on top of the tivo.

Any ideas?

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Try to see if this helps any. Use the mini-IR blaster to get it as close to and point it directly at the Premiere's IR sensor which is just to the right of the Tivo symbol in the center. You might be able to see a spot in the shape of an oval that has a difference in its reflection. Then use a paper towel to butt up against the IR blaster of the Harmony One and the IR Sensor of the Revue (which is in between the two green LEDS in the center). If you have better results under this condition then there is a problem with IR interference in your environment.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  3. tomm1079

tomm1079 New Member

ok ill check it out. I was just reading this thread: googletvforum.org/forum/logitech-revue/3216-controlling-revue-via-ir-harmony-remote.html

So i am assuming you are right. I have a ton of IR devices in that area. Ill test this and maybe move things around.

4. tomm1079

tomm1079 New Member

Looks like i am having interference.

When i am 5 feet or less away it works without any problems.

Move back to where i sit (about 10 feet away) i get all kinds of problems.

I even tried to move it 4 shelves down where no other items where on.

Any suggestions on a fix? Anything i can buy that will make it more reliable?

5. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

It can just be about anything. Usually a light from a halogen, florescent fixture, or even strong sunlight. It could even be the back lighting from your television screen. Sometimes adjusting the angle at which you have to aim at the Revue. So, instead of placing the Revue higher or lower than your television you can position it to the left or right side.