Quantcast

TiVo Premiere & Google TV

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by Maconsultant, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Maconsultant

Maconsultant Member

So I am once again a TiVo Owner.. Curious if anyone (ChrisGB) has any words of wisdom on setting it up and or any special things I should know prior to setup.. Thanks in advance..

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

In my experience in setting up the Logitech Revue with the Tivo Premiere, I can tell you that it works as expected. No gotchas.

3. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

it is straight forward, eferz and I are in agreement, although I use the older lesser TiVoHD which is still darn good.

4. Maconsultant

Maconsultant Member

Thanks for the input.. Everything went well.

5. Maconsultant

Maconsultant Member

So I have one last question as I don't see the obvious, but when I use the TV & Movies app I can select an entry and change the TiVo to tune in to the show/movie.. But why is it that the TiVo opens the guide when I select a show/movie to play in the TV & Movies app.. Shouldn't it just enter the numbers and tune to the channel..? my 2 premieres are opening the Guide and selecting the show/movie within the guide and waiting for me to hit enter. If anyone knows how to disable this function and allow the TiVo to just accept the channel number entries and tune to the selected show/movie without any further user interaction than please let me know. Thanks In advance..

6. mvukman

mvukman New Member

I also have a logitech revue with a tivo premiere. Before the update my Revue keyboard was able to control the Tivo. After the new 3.1 update to the Revue my keyboard for the Revue will not do any of the Tivo functions- guide,dvr,play............nothing. Right after the update the Revue said "failed to update controller".

have you installed the new update?
    Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

7. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Sounds like the IR profile for the Tivo hasn't been downloaded to the Revue after it was upgraded. I recommend in trying the configuration process again to see if you can fix it. Otherwise, you'll need to contact Logitech Technical Support for further assistance.