Quantcast

Timing off when switching channels

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by crunit100, Aug 15, 2011.

1. crunit100

crunit100 New Member

Again, I am sure there is already a thread about this but I couldnt find it so I am making a new one.

When I search something, say "comedy" of course comedy central comes up as an option. when i click on it though (its channel is 4 digits) it types in the first two digits, pauses for some reason so the cable changes to that 2 digit channel, and then it types in the other two digits and changes to that channel. this is so annoying, because you can't even tab back to the original channel because it has been through two channels now.

where is the setting for timing when typing in channel numbers. really i don't have many complaints at all about this revue, but holy crap this is so annoying. It is especially annoying when trying to sell my friends on the idea that googletv is the coolest thing on the block. no one is going to buy something with bugs on the most basic things such as this. generally speaking i am really impressed with the technology, aside from a growing list of bugs.

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

You should be since you posted into it; http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/google-tv-general-discussion/2558-bookmarks-l.html

As I have commented on that thread, Google does not quite have the same level of experience as Slingmedia in this regards. So, the ability to set the timing is unavailable. They're probably unaware this problem exists since it seems to be device specific. Again, the Bookmarks and the What's on widgets from the Google TV Home page work perfectly fine with my Logitech Revue & Sony Internet TV. This is one of situations which needs to be logged by the OEM's technical support in order for the problem to be escalated to the Google TV developers.

3. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Incidentally, have you tried any of the troubleshooting methodology which was described in the other post? I would at least try using mini-IR blaster with some cover to determine if there are outside influences affecting the signal. Often the Revue is placed where it the IR signal has to bounce off the wall for the device to see it. However, the mini-IR blaster can be used to make the signal more direct.

4. cornishrefugee

cornishrefugee New Member

I have the same problem. I haven't quite narrowed it down to if it involves specific numbers being transmitted or not. Sometimes I have to try 2 or 3 times before it will register a single 3 digit channel number rather than one 2 digit channel number, and then a second single digit channel. I assumed it was an IR problem, and have tried the suppled IR Blaster. At first I put it a few inches away from the STB sensor, but this didn't remedy the situation, so I now have the blaster immediately in front of the sensor. It doesn't seem to improve the issue though.

It isn't a biggie for me, I just accept that every one in a while i'll have to jump through the hoops a couple of times.

Just wanted to share that this isn't a one off problem you're having :)

5. surprisinguy

surprisinguy New Member

There is a setting in the Settings section that lists your cable/dvr box. If you cant find it I'll look when i get home. You have to click on the box you setup in the list (should just be that one) and it will bring up a menu that you can set the timing on how fast the Revue transmits the signal. Maybe this will help.

6. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Good Eye! I had missed that option. Sneaky bugger. GTV Settings > TV Source > Edit Configured Device > Adjust Delay (very last item).

$Adjest Delay.jpg

7. surprisinguy

surprisinguy New Member

Did that work?

8. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I'm not the who needed it. It works perfectly fine with my setup.

9. cornishrefugee

Thanks for the suggestion. I had already found that option in the settings. However, I did experiment with faster well as slower speeds and it doesn't fix the issue.

It seems like the Revue trips over itself as it tries to transmit the third digit. Very strange. Thanks for the suggestion though :)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

10. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Have you contact Logitech's Technical Support about this? I don't see a pause at all while going into channels with four digits using either "Bookmark" or "What's On" widgets.

11. antgod

antgod New Member

I had a similar problem , try resetting your cable box, unplug it then plug it back in.

---
    - Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12. cornishrefugee

I haven't contacted customer support yet, my first revue was DOA and I spent a long time on the phone with them for that. Trying to avoid calling again if at all possible :)

I will give the "unplug the cable box" suggestion a try when I get home later. Thanks again for all of your suggestions.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk