Quantcast

Time Warner changed my channel lineup. Primetime doesnt like it.

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by trophyguy, Jun 18, 2013.

1. trophyguy

trophyguy Member

So Time Warner changed ALL our channel assignments today. I figured I'd make sure Primetime figured it out.

Tried selecting a show and it went to the old channel number.
    I had it analyze the channels again and when I go into the Primetime app and select a program it goes to the old channel assignment.
    Tried rebooting the box and still the same thing. Any way to get the box to figure out the new channel lineup or will I need to remove
    TW from the Co-Star and start from scratch.

THANKS!

2. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Come on now, you know the deal, reprogram your Co-Star with the new updated channels from your provider again ...

3. trophyguy

trophyguy Member

I did. I selected Time Warner, analyze my channels. And that's what I ended up with. That what you're talking about??

4. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

The Primetime guide should update to the new channel list soon. The channel guide can't be obtained from the HDMI signal, it comes from the internet so update all you want and it won't matter until Time Warner provides the new guide to the guide service or until the guide service responds to customer requests and updates it. I don't know which of the channel guide services provides the channel guide for Google TV.

Just for fun, install the Buddy TV guide, it is free, and see if it has been updated to the new channel guide.

5. ChrisG8

Also check to see if the Time Warner internet TV guide is correct.

Cable TV Listings | Time Warner Cable

There are (were) several services that maintain channel guides, Rovi, Zap2It, TV Guide, TitanTV and a couple others that don't come to mind and I haven't followed what has happened to know which are still active. I am pretty sure Primetime relies on one of those services but I don't recall seeing which one. I also don't know which service provides the Buddy TV Guide but I would be surprised if either Primetime or Buddy TV maintain those channel lists themselves.

6. trophyguy

trophyguy Member

Thanks.

Time Warner hasn't even updated their channel listings on their own site, so I guess i'll have to wait.

7. ChrisG8

Yes, if Time Warner hasn't gotten it right yet, it can be no surprise Primetime doesn't have it right.

8. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I believe Rovi was the major provider of the OTA channel guide and it was reported that Google TV uses Rovi. Supposedly as of April Rovi shut down their OTA guide service (although some of their guide services are still functional)

"Rovi said it will continue to provide data over the Internet for certain models of broadband-connected TVs. In addition, guides provided through cable operators, such as Rovi's i-Guide, will not be affected by the change."

http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/off-topic-discussion/6702-rovi-shutting-down-s-ota-tv-guide-service-without-notice.html

Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
  9. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

10. trophyguy

trophyguy Member

God, again? If I had to FDSK my computers this many times I would have hurled it out the window by now.

I'll give it a few days and then rag on Vizio.

11. ChrisG8

I wouldn't do that, this isn't the problem that required a hard reset, this is as simple as Time Warner hasn't provided the correct channel lineup to the channel guide providing service. Once it does, a simple reboot will fix it or it will update on its own in due time just as the guide updates continually. I wouldn't worry about it.

12. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

I kinda think, the way you were trying to it is not the correct way on the Co-Star, actually they are two sections that's got to be reprogramed ... That's the reason, I would go the hard reset way .... I don't believe Time Warner operates that way .... Anyway check out the steps, you might see where I'm coming from ...!

When you complete the start up set up, follow the instructions HERE Vizio Co-Star v4.6.0 PrimeTime Quick Guide (FIX), Thanks To "Zach" Of VIZIO CORP ....

13. trophyguy

trophyguy Member

Thats what i'm thinking too. Thanks!

Um, thats what I said I did. Thanks.

14. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

When you go to add favorites do you see the new channels line up ...?

15. trophyguy

trophyguy Member

I'll let you know tonight.

I do remember when I clicked on my CBS channel for instance this morning in Primetime, it was channel 855. When I clicked on the program to have it switch to, all I got was 3 dialog boxes in a row that said Watch WTVH 5. thats the non HD channel.

Time Warner is doing some crap that if you want to watch say CBS, it will automatically switch you to the HD channel if you have an HD box & TV or something to that effect.

16. trophyguy

trophyguy Member

Well it seems to have resolved itself.

I think the main issue was this "automatically switching to the HD channel" that was messing it up.

17. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Glad you got it fixed ...!

18. trophyguy

trophyguy Member

Thanks!

I still dont understand some of what Time Warner did. If I want to watch the local news is HD, The GTV Box will send me to channel 9
    which was a non-HD channel before, but it shows as a HD channel on the TV. If I dont have a HD box or TV, it would be non-HD just like before.

The real channel for that station is 1210 which is the HD feed, so no wonder the box (and me) got so confused.

19. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Go to "Add Favorite" and just add all "HD" channels, that's what I did see photo below ...

[​IMG]