Quantcast

Tim Cook: Apple Has Now Sold Over 13M Apple TVs, Half In The Last Year

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by CatfishRivers, May 28, 2013.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Tim Cook: Apple has now sold over 13M Apple TVs, half in the last year - The Next Web (click for full article)

by Mathew Panzarino - May 29, 2013

"Today at the All Things D conference in Palos Verdes, CA, Apple CEO Tim Cook announced that there had been 13M Apple TVs sold so far, with half in the last year alone.

"It continues to be an area of great interest for us," Cook said. He also said that the work around the Apple TV has given them insight and information that they wouldn't have had otherwise."

• Like Like x 2
  2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I would say 13 million is a pretty good number. I have seen so many posts about jailbreaking Apple TV and wonder if that accounts for a big share of the sales. My daughter and her husband have a stock model, third generation, I played with it some and like it a lot but it might be even better jailbroken.

3. pmcd

pmcd Active Member

Since at least 1/2 of sales were in the last year jail breaking played almost no part in those sales. I'd be very surprised if many ATV2'S were even jailbroken. Too much of a hassle in order to get a buggy XBMC and a semi-stable Plex on there. If people want to get at their mkv files then there are far better players for that. In any case AirPlay has pretty well made jail breaking the ATV a pointless venture.

Philip

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk HD

4. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Ha, well I couldn't hack my way out of a wet paper bag but I have sure seen a lot of discussion about jailbreaking Apple TV. I may have watched one YouTube video and read a couple of forum posts, I never figured out what the fuss was about but I thought that was just me.