Quantcast

Thinking of purchasing the Revue now that it's $250

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by surfnc25, Dec 22, 2010.

1. surfnc25

surfnc25 New Member

I have been researching google tv for a few weeks now and just like always there are some good and bad reviews, which is common with any product I have noticed. I have tried to play with the google tv demo at Best Buy but that is pretty much useless because they never work or the alarm goes off when you touch the keyboard. I understand most of the big network sites and hulu are blocking google tv for now but my question can you access sites like HGTV, Oxygen via the web browser and watch full episodes. I tried to access Oxygen at the Best Buy google tv demo and of course it said blocked but it seemed to be Best Buy not google tv. I currently have a Roku box and have been happy with it so far but if I can hit a few sites via the web that are not ABC, NBC etc. and be able to watch shows like House Hunters I'll be cool with that. I ditched digital cable with TWC so now I just have broadcast cable (24 channels ) and that is all I need because I get FOX, ABC, NBC and they are in HD. With me not having a digital HD cable box will that make google TV not so good or will it really matter. I know it can integrate with you DVR recordings but is that all it really does with your cable box? I guess the big question is do most sites with flash work just like they would on a pc (minus the big networks of course for now and Hulu)? I see they just updated the Netflix app where you can search more than your selections so that is a good sign they are listening to the customers and more good things will come. Sorry for the long post but I don't want to get it tomorrow and go to HGTV.com and it say blocked (if someone can test for me that would be awesome). Thanks !!!!!!!

2. celticpride

celticpride New Member

I really want to get one also but i'm holding out for a $199.00 price. or at least wait for them to add a lot more content.

3. TheSanTechnologist

TheSanTechnologist New Member

Yes Flash based sites just work, same as a browser (the GTV browser is a down rev. Chrome version). There are also several sites that have been specifically written for the GTV format and utilize D-pad control for navigation.

As far as STB/cable box integration, it allows you to push that to a PIP (dual-view) smaller view while do other GTV activities in the background. It can stream DLNA content, however there are several limitations.

The use of the Logitech Revue allows for HD Video conferencing.

4. danger-rat

danger-rat Moderator Staff Member

5. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

And to think, I paid full purchase price of $ 299.99.
    That was fun and fast as well. [​IMG]

6. Augster

Augster New Member

I had the Sony GoogleTV for about a week. Took it back. Just too expensive for a first gen item.

I was at Costco today and purchased the Logitech at the new low price. So far, I am liking it better than the Sony.

7. bsnedek

bsnedek New Member

Hey All,

I like my Logitech, I have Directv as a provider HR24-200 DVR, a Yamaha AVR, LG 65"LED, and other assorted dvd and blue ray. One tip I read some were was to have all the make and models of your equipment. It was true and made install much easier.

I have replaced several remotes with one. No more fighting with the wife over remote boss. My new keyboard sits on my left and the wife sits on my right. It still surprises her when things change cause I don't even have to point and shoot like she does. The keyboard must have an extra powerful IR emitter, Nice!!

Anyway Iam using my Logitech to search my dvr, its way faster then Directv's search tool.

I hope the rest of you all enjoy this piece of equipment as I do.

Brad