Quantcast

"The River" - I am unable to watch "The River"

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by khill007x, Feb 17, 2012.

1. khill007x

khill007x New Member

The show is off the ABC website (included below) and I have watched shows from their site before but it says the browser is not supported and to check the help section. Below is the help section and Chrome is supported, anyone know why this did/does not work?

Help text
    Adobe Flash Player 10.0.0 or later
    Internet Explorer 7.0 or later, Firefox 2.0 or later, Safari 3 (Mac only) or later, Chrome 3.0 or later (Adobe Flash playback only)
    Microsoft Windows XP or later, Mac OS X 10.4 or later, Linux (Adobe Flash playback only)

ABC Link: abc.go.com/watch/the-river/SH55126546/VD55168617/magus

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

ABC is blocking Google TV.

3. khill007x

khill007x New Member

Thanks Catfish

4. halox

halox New Member

I am unable to watch it as well ... though it has more to do with its clunky concept and ridiculous storytelling.

Zing!

5. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

So far I am watching it using TiVo and OTA but I am not sure if I will still have the season pass in a couple of weeks.

6. khill007x

khill007x New Member

halox maybe right, I heard it was bad, I can't believe someone can't find a way to spoof chrome so it looks like it is running on a computer and all the blocked content would be good to go.

7. Mar

Mar New Member

It hasn't been done because it's not that simple. The sites not only sniff the Chrome browser, but the unique, non-replaceable version of Flash that is exclusive to GTV devices.

8. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Hi

This might not be of much comfort, but if you subscribe to Netflix or Amazon Prime
    Instant Videos, there are a number of episodes listed there, albeit, the pickings are slim.

When I want to find movies or shows that are blocked I use the search feature. If the movie or show episodes are viewable anywhere on the internet, including OTA, you can find it using the integrated search feature. I've found movies and shows in unlikely places all over the internet w/just one integrated search.

The search function is where Google lives up to it being the most powerful search engine in the world. Unlike chrome, you can search from anywhere. You can even use it to open Apps while in Chrome or another App. Very useful when going from, say, IMDB directly to Nexflix or Youtube.

I rarely bother to open Chrome from the Home screen anymore. I exit Apps in leaps and bounds.

Carl