Quantcast

The Revue with Honeycomb 3.1 questions

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by cachorropedorro, Jul 31, 2011.

1. cachorropedorro

cachorropedorro New Member

So all of this hype about the Revue has got me thinking. I was watching the slides where they announced that Google TV will get 3.1. Then they show an Xbox 360 controller hooked up to some Honeycomb device and they announce that our device can act as USB hosts for peripherals like controllers, mice and keyboards.

This got me thinking. If the Revue gets the Android Market without it filtering out programs that work cross platform that would open up so many possibilities. By that I mean like not only having access to Google TV only Apps being sold through the market because that would be garbage. I was planning on buying another Revue, hooking up some usb gamepads, installing some Emulators and getting ROMS of my old school Nintendo 64 games that I have stored in my garage. That would make the Revue an amazing device because it's so tiny and I could carry around a ROM playing powerhouse.

Any thoughts on if this would be possible?

2. Winkle

Winkle New Member

if some emulators work on a honeycomb platform, and googletv market place open up to lets say tablet version 3rd party, sure!
    thats what im betting on.. but dont know much about honeycomb at all.. its a java platform from what i see.. you dont play Roms
    on a 1000 dollar entertainment system!