Quantcast

The release of Google TV 2.0 is imminent

Discussion in 'More News from Your Google TV News Team' started by Rickaren, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Rickaren

Rickaren New Member Staff Member

Google TV reboot expected imminently

22 October 2011

The release of Google TV 2.0 is imminent. It was supposed to be available in the United States before the end of the summer. Developers were told in May that existing devices would be updated to the version of Android known as Honeycomb, which has already been overtaken by a new release. While the first release of Google TV failed to impress many, the presence of Android applications on television could be the start of something.

Google has now released Android 4.0, known as Ice Cream Sandwich, which aims to unify the application environment across mobiles, tablets and presumably televisions. The first product to run the new platform will be the Samsung Galaxy Nexus smartphone, which will be launched in November. In theory, it should be possible to upgrade any device from Android 2.3. Google plans to release the source code of the latest version of Android, once it is available on devices.

Continue reading @ http://informitv.com/news/2011/10/22/googletvreboot/

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

"a handful of television brand associated applications, such as CNBC, CNN Money, Fox News and QVC."

As for as professional TV content this doesn't sound very awe inspiring to me.... QVC - isn't that the company that sells jewelry on TV?... yawn.... WE need the major networks and Hulu .. not QVC.... just my opinion..... And we already have web app for CNN. And for Fox News and CNBC I believe we can currently get that content with the Chrome browser....

3. ibk

ibk New Member

Hulu and CBS are both scheduled to be at the Streaming Media West event, maybe we'll get a surprise announcement during the Google TV demo? Naaahh.

4. alvysyngr

alvysyngr New Member

I really would love to have my Revue updated already and I hope there is support for SMB

5. alvysyngr

alvysyngr New Member