Quantcast

The iPad Wins Because Android Tablet Apps Suck: An Illustrated Guide

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by CatfishRivers, Mar 18, 2012.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

The iPad Wins Because Android Tablet Apps Suck: An Illustrated Guide | News & Opinion | PCMag.com (click for full article)

"I just gave the new iPad an Editors' Choice award for large tablets, but frankly it was a foregone conclusion. The iPad doesn't get the award because of its hardware, lovely as the hardware is. It gets the award because its apps are generally better than the apps available for Android tablets.

That's the conventional wisdom, at least. The assertion is hard to test, but I wanted to try. Comparing app availability is difficult. You can't just compare the number of apps available, especially when Google won't give a number for Android tablet apps.

So I assembled my own list of potential app providers. To create a list of top brands, I looked at Nielsen's top 10 global Web companies, online video destinations, and U.S. TV networks; Alexa's top 10 U.S. websites; the top 10 retail banks as measured by the Federal Reserve; 10 top online game publishing houses; Nielsen's top 20 Android apps by usage; and Apple's top 10 paid and top 10 free iPad apps by usage. I looked for official apps from each of these companies."

Last edited: Mar 18, 2012