Quantcast

The GT1 and Dynex (yeah, yeah) TVs...

Discussion in 'Sony Blu-Ray Set Top Box' started by robyr, Nov 26, 2011.

1. robyr

robyr New Member

Hey guys, new member here, but been around the Android scene for quite a bit.

I picked up a Sony gTV set top box over the holidays, full well knowing the current limits and features. Here's my issue though:

I have the gTV all setup, everything's great and the Android apps for both my Xoom and phone working perfectly. My Sony remote, though, will simply not control my TV volume, or anything at all. The Android apps work perfectly, and the correct IR code is there for "third party controllers" but my TV is neither listed in the TV Control Wizard nor do any of the codes work to control it.

Is there any thing I can do about this?

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

If Sony doesn't already support your device's IR commands, the best that you can do is report it to Sony Technical Support and hope that it will be addressed in a future patch. Unfortunately, Sony's lack of customization for the IR control is not as flexible as the Harmony component in the Logitech Revue.

3. robyr

robyr New Member

Yeah, thats what I thought. any reported success from opening a ticket with sony?

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

5. nogdolan

nogdolan New Member

Hey I wanted to pass along a little tip that worked for me. I have both a Proscan and Coby and was able tp program the remote using the codes from a yorx tv. You might try that.

6. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Is there a list of the yorx tv codes anywhere online? I've been trying to figure out who the hell Sony licensed their IR function and database from.

7. nogdolan

nogdolan New Member

I am not sure if there is a Yorx list, but it is the second option from the bottom when you are in the initial setup. Yorx worked on both the Sony Google TV and my Dierctv.

8. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Oh! I get it. You used the IR profile for York as a compatible profile for other devices. Actually that's not uncommon. There are a lot of devices that share the same IR profiles. I think when you go into Sony's Configuration for each HDMI device, there is an Advance section that allows you to chose from a list of known compatible IR Blaster codes for that particular vendor but this is the same as using the wizard and the channel up/down test that they have.