Quantcast

The Google TV Experience

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by rgweatherred, Nov 6, 2010.

1. rgweatherred

rgweatherred New Member

OK, there are plenty of poor reviews about the first release of Google TV (GTV) and lots of discussions about the limitations of the hardware. I own a Revue, and will be the first to admit that there are severe limitations and the execution in this, what I can only describe as a Beta, has much room for improvement, I feel there is not enough discussion about how this platform can really add to the whole TV viewing experience. Consequently, this thread is dedicated to how Google TV is changing users viewing habits or the way that GTV can enhance traditional TV with the novelty of the web in a home entertainment environment.

Today, I logged on to crackle.com through GTV just to see what was available and to assess the sites ability to handle this new platform. Thumbs up, layout was fantastic and Flash video loaded relatively quickly using a Mediacom internet feed

Here is how GTV is going to change our media experience:

>Crackle home page offered up "The Nazi Spy" by the Three Stooges
    >After watching episode, and laughing my tail off, read complete Wikipedia entry on the Three Stooges. Great read, learned a lot about, including how they were cheated by the studio out of millions of dollars
    > Searched YouTube for additional "Stooges" videos and enjoyed myself for another couple of hours.

All of this was fairly seamless and navigated with the keyboard. I found the experience both entertaining and educational. I learned a whole lot about one of the greatest comedy acts in American history while enjoying an engrossing truly multimedia experienc.

I think this is really one of the true strengths of GTV and I have no doubt that it will only get better. Remember Android 1.5?

Please take the time to post your positive experiences with GTV and how you are using this new platform to enhance your life. Please limit posts to positive aspects of this very new platform.

I want to learn form others how GTV can enhance my media experience. We can always ***** somewhere else.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
  2. alphawave7

alphawave7 Moderator Staff Member

This technological 'confluence' is what truly interest me...thanks for posting this, and I look forward to 'seeing' what others experiencing in their changing habits. WRT GTV, TWiT podcasts suggest it's 'the G1 of Android phones', which I've also owned, and I can say there IS still value in being on the cutting edge of the hardware, even if it cannot reach the potential the tech hints towards..crawling leads to baby steps, and eventually strides. We'll get there, wherever we're headed! :)

3. alphawave7

alphawave7 Moderator Staff Member

Last edited: Nov 6, 2010