Quantcast

the count down thread to google tv 2.0 thread..

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by Scuzzo, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Scuzzo

Scuzzo Active Member

ok we are now a week or so out from when GTV 2.0 came out for sony.. so as a way to vent a little.. i though i would start this thread.. just to keep track of the days... the most current roomer i have head is soon and weeks.. ok fair enough.. but im going to keep track of the days passing with any up dates or information that i find out about,,, im not happy with the way Log dealing with a slip on the software release.. and i feel im getting a little mad about it.. and its not helping all the speculation about how they are putting the revue to death so we will not be getting the update.. i dont believe this... i dont know how many revues have sold.. but its a ad rev stream for google. so i doubt they will just let them die on the vine.... so... lets call this

at the very out set i will say we are 21 days away. im hoping more like 14. but who knows.. well they know.. and i will think twice before buying logitech ever again.. just because they have kept such a black out to end users.. and i will buy a google tv product again providing its not some silly all in one deal.. and has a decent input device...

DAY one of weeks from the OTA GTV 2 push..

this is not meant to be a rant thread.. but i do feel slighted a bit.. and i dont see any useful information forthcoming from logitech support..
    so... one day down..

2. antgod

antgod New Member

it will be a christmas gift, the update ,lol. In the same boat as you have had this since this time last year, smh.

3. BucYouUp68

BucYouUp68 Member

It will be interesting to see what update comes first, the update for my Revue, or the update for my Bionic.....LOL

4. tomcrown1

tomcrown1 Member

Logitech has never really supported the revue.

It may never see the update. I do not know if their will be a stand alone google device on the market.

I hope someone finds a way to side load Google 2.0 in the revue as this maybe the only way to get the update. I hope aim wrong and the revue will receive the update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Eman777

Eman777 New Member

Surely we will see an update at some point. If not they will be liable to some extent for printing boxes with "3.1" on it and not delivering. When, is the big question.

I don't feel too bad having purchased at $99 not knowing what to expect. However, if I had purchased (at any price), a box that promised 3.1 and it never happened, I would reign down PR and social media hell.o on a company. However, I don't think we have to worry about that.

Just my thoughts.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Scuzzo

Scuzzo Active Member

and now we are at DAY TWO.. from weeks away.. logitech i hope your coders are getting the hours in on de bugging this.. i expect some pretty slick and smooth interface i am your customer.. you work for me.. well for all of us.. and we deserve a bit more communication then... soon... and weeks away..

oops.. sorry for the rant.. ;)