Quantcast

The 7 Absolute Worst Tech Gifts To Give This Holiday

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by CatfishRivers, Dec 6, 2011.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

The 7 Absolute Worst Tech Gifts to Give This Holiday (click for full article)

Yep unfortunately the author has GTV on the list. Well I don't really agree with the author - I think the Revue bundle with webcam (for $129) makes a nice Christmas gift. But I'm posting this because the author mentioned something that I found interesting - which was that the next generation of GTV hardware will likely contain the Tegra 3 processor.

-------------------------------------------------------

"For now, Google TV is a floating whale corpse. Logitech has abandoned it because nobody wants it, and nobody wants it because it's half-baked. But Google is persistent, and the next wave of Google TV (not to be associated in any way with Google Wave, shudder) should be better.

Much better. It'll run on Honeycomb-like it should have to begin with-and the boxes it sits in will likely sport a mighty powerful Tegra 3 processor. Google TV is a good idea-just wait until it's good off paper, too."

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

It reads like more idle speculation and conjecture to me.

I'm hoping on the other hand that it'll be using an OMAP processor from Texas Instrument.

3. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I'm still undecided on whether I'm going to buy the Revue bundle at Best Buy for $129 - or just wait until the new hardware comes out.

It would be nice to have a spare Revue unit along with the camera - however I'm leaning towards just waiting until the new hardware comes out.

Hopefully the Revue gets the 3.1 update soon - because I'd like to base my decision on how well the Revue functions with new update.

4. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

The only one of the 7 I own is Google TV but a lot of people are going to be unhappy with iPhone 4S and iPod Touch if both are poor gifts this year. I don't know enough about Apple products to agree or disagree but for someone wanting to access internet streaming from a variety of sources, I still don't see anything better than Google TV for the price.

5. gomezf75

gomezf75 New Member

i dont care if dr. dre made an album 12 years ago. i have the beats and they sound GREAT. dont see any problem with them