Quantcast

That new Vizio media streamer with GTV LOOKS GREAT!! BUT CAN I USE MY KEYBOARD?

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by Scuzzo, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Scuzzo

Scuzzo Active Member

i was just on the youtube and such.. getting some info on Vizio Media streamer with GTV.. it looks pretty sharp.. even the remote seems to answer all the questions on how the interface will work.. a KB on the back and touch pad on the front... but i dont think its the best answer to the data entry for searches, forums and the like... so.. i think i will be getting one of the 99 buck vizios... its at the right price point it will probly infuse google tv wtih new life... but i like my Logitech KB.... do you all think that with an adapter it can be made to work with the vizio?

there is some new vids on the youtube of vizio media box product demos.. cant link to it... im using my revue right now..
    but notice the mulit tasking options.. when you see the vids... cool stuff..

just youtube vizio google tv... that should get you there...

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

3. CatfishRivers

On the Vizio web site you can sign up to be notified when their GTV box becomes available here:

VIZIO Stream Player | VIZIO

I signed up and also sent them an email asking if they knew when it was going to be released, the price (it's been reported the price will be $99 - however Vizio hasn't officially announced the price yet), and if an optional full keyboard (and/or the Revue keyboard) can be used with it. If they respond to my email I'll post their answer in this thread.

• Like Like x 2
  4. halox

halox New Member

Thanks, Catfish ... I've been wanting info on this streamer's release date, but I didn't feel like signing up. Thanks in advance for sharing the information.

5. CatfishRivers

OK Vizio emailed me back (they are being very mum about releasing any details at this time). This was their response:

"Thank you for your recent inquiry with VIZIO. I would be more than happy to help you with your concern. Here at VIZIO we do offer best in class technical support.

We currently do not have any additional information regarding the stream box announced at CES.

Please stay tuned to our website at America's #1 LCD HDTV Company | VIZIO. As additional information becomes available, it will be posted there.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

If you need any additional assistance feel free to contact VIZIO at 1-888-849-4623 or chat with us at chat.vizio.com.

Thanks and have a great day!

Randal Wigton
    VIZIO -The Home of Entertainment Freedom for All
    800 Stevens Port Drive Suite DD750
    Dakota Dunes SD 57049
    Phone 877-878-49"