Quantcast

Thanks for the kindness!

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by Rickaren, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Rickaren

Rickaren New Member Staff Member

11/08/2011

Thanks for the kindness!

When I saw eferz get the above "Thank You" I responded "How about me?" I was kidding around with eferz since he had posted a "Thank You" about one of my posts the same day.

WOW! what a surprise when I received 29 "Thanks" from members here related previous posts! Never expected anything like this or that I had received two posts also in reply's to my posts yesterday here, too! As a Moderator of another "Discussion Group" (automotive) I also received two posts from members there thanking me for my involvement over there. All together what a day! Never have experienced anything like this before over the years contributing to many "Discussion Groups". Thanks to everyone here that took the time. We are all here to serve our members, and I'm just one of many.

Since it must be my lucky day I purchased a lottery ticket today for Wednesday's drawing, so if I hit it big you will never see another post from me! Ha Ha Just a joke.
    (maybe)

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I know, right? I think though, it has something to do with how the forum changed its "thumbs up/down" rating for each post. It appears that all the good ratings got carried into the "thank" system. The new system of thanks is more transparent and you can see thanks given and received in each user's profile. I was dumbfounded when the 60 thanks was waiting in my inbox until I realized where they were from.

• Like Like x 2
  3. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Can we also have a stat posted for the number of reads (views) that our threads/posts have had? Just a suggestion.

4. towboy123

towboy123 New Member

Wow I had 8 and I thought that was excessive

Efferz is the most helpful and knowledgeable guys in this forum and the Logitech forum
    In the Logitech Forum he has a 10 to 1 post to kudo ratio over 1000 posts that is beyond impressive.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  5. alphawave7

alphawave7 Moderator Staff Member

Ubereferz! ;)

6. towboy123

towboy123 New Member

I like uberferzz better

7. alphawave7

That's IT! :D

8. LadyAngler

LadyAngler Moderator Staff Member

That is awesome. I am glad you are liking the new button. We have that feature on other Android forums as well.

I hadn't noticed that you couldn't see the thread views via the online forum. Usually that is available on most forums.
    But I can see the your view count here on the tapatalk app. Numbers don't even go that high on my bolt.lol jk

Bummer that the "thanks" hasn't been enabled within the tapatalk app. The capability is there. :-/

~Sent by a Bolt aka Angry Bird Slayer~¤~

9. alphawave7

Who knows..the wizards may not yet be done! ;)

• Like Like x 2
  10. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I just want to give a heads up. I went back and did my best to retroactively "thank" the people within the threads who had mark my posts useful in the past. So, if you're wondering why it seemed I randomly thanked you this is that reason. I apologize to those who I couldn't thank in the thread due them not having posted in the thread at all.

Furthermore, I want to take the time personally thank both lucas710 and stuberman. Even though either of you did not participate in most of the threads which you had taken the time to mark an appreciation of one or more posts. I wanted to thank you both for placing the effort in your actions. It really does help me to understand which of my posts are appreciated, so that I continue to focus on the level of your expectations from me.

Just so that everyone knows, the old system influenced the context and tone of how I wrote my responses. Now with the new system, I have a better idea how to respond to specific people. Going forward, I'm going to continue to thank people who gave thanks in order to influence the use of the new system. Thank you all for being a part of this community, it has been (and I hope will continue to be) a pleasure communicating with each and everyone one of you.

• Like Like x 2
  11. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I think it was a good idea to take away the "dislike" button. This is because everybody has a right to express their opinion - and unless a post is spam or very rude with personal attacks - I don't consider any post to be 'bad'. With the old system anybody that disagreed with the viewpoint of a post (even if it was an honestly expressed opinion with no personal attacks involved) - they could just anonymously mark it as 'bad'. With no reason or explanation given.

There is a separate button to report bad posts directly to the administrator (spam, personal attacks, profanity etc.) - and that is done by clicking the little triangle on the bottom left of the post.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
    • Like Like x 2
  12. alphawave7

Heck, I log in now just to see how many new 'thanks' I got! :p