Quantcast

TASKER app is currently on sale for $1.99

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by mrspock, Mar 29, 2013.

1. mrspock

mrspock Active Member

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Djinn5150

Djinn5150 New Member

Figures I just bought it 3 weeks ago at full price....Tasker is great! There is also a plugin for Tasker that allows you to send GTV remote codes to your GTV devices, you can ever start apps on the GTV with it.

Gtv Tasker Plugin
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/...vbS5lbnRlcnRhaWxpb24uYW5kcm9pZC50YXNrZXIiXQ..

GTV Apps(Goes on the GTV to tell you package names of all apps on your tv, even settings dialogs etc)
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/...lbnRlcnRhaWxpb24uYW5kcm9pZC5ndHZ0YXNrZXIiXQ..

3. mrspock

mrspock Active Member

4. Djinn5150

Djinn5150 New Member

At one point I was using Automate it but at least the version I was using seemed to have a memory leak and would degrade performance after a while, Might check out some of the others...while Tasker is awesome it has a high learning curve, which I have overcome for at least what I need to do with it but its always good to know other options.

5. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I bought Tasker but I don't have a clue what to do with it. Hopefully I will be willing to take the time to figure it out at some point. I shouldn't just buy an app because it is popular and on sale but after reading a few minutes and not being able to decide whether or not I wanted it, I just thought screw it, for $1.99 I will buy and figure out if I want it later.

I also saw Tiny Cam Pro is on sale until April 3 but I don't know anything about it either and have passed so far.

6. Djinn5150

Djinn5150 New Member

On the GTV there really isn't much use for it, however, on a phone it can become quite usefull. I myself use it to turn features of the phone on/off depending on where I am, when I am home it turns off the gps, bluetooth and my screen lock, when I leave its all back on. I also use it to automate tedious tasks on the GTV, for instance, on my LG i like to turn the Tv speakers on/off but it requires several steps to get to the settings dialog, i created a tasker task to open up the activity from my phone on the GTV with 1 click, making it much faster to turn the speakers on/off.

7. syonker

syonker New Member

Holy cow, that is cool! Checking it out now!

8. syonker

syonker New Member

Too cool. Bought it. Thanks for the heads up.

9. Cassy

Cassy New Member

I just bought Tasker for my phone two weeks ago......is it me or is Tasker eating up my phone battery? Ever since putting it on my Galaxy S3 the battery hasn't been lasting. Anyone else with this problem?

10. MaryTech

MaryTech New Member

Cassy, I've had a similar experience with Tasker and stopped using it also. Tasker does seem to drain phone batteries. I am still looking for another sound manager app.....any suggestions?

• Like Like x 2
  11. XJ1992

XJ1992 New Member

I hated Tasker as well!!!! I went to Smart Volume Control + and have never had an issue with it. Doesn't affect my battery at all.