Quantcast

Target Ticket, Target's Video Download & Rental Service, Nears Launch

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by CatfishRivers, Sep 1, 2013.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Target Ticket, Target?s Video Download & Rental Service, Nears Launch | TechCrunch (click for full article)

by Sarah Perez - August 30, 2013

Target's answer to Walmart's Vudu, Netflix, and iTunes, is preparing to launch. Employees at the Minneapolis-headquartered retailer were told this week that Target Ticket, as the service is called, will soon be offered to consumers, allowing them to rent and purchase digital copies of movies and television shows like they do on Apple's iTunes, then play them back across all the devices they own, including smartphones, tablets, TVs, Blu-ray players, and game consoles.

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

OK, I am sure this is going to be a smashing success. I will likely check it out if there is a great promotion to get us started but beyond that, WalMart's Vudu has quite a head start and will be very tough to beat for my money. I care nothing about iTunes.

3. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Target goes all Netflix, joins streaming-video fray | Internet & Media - CNET News (click for full article)

by Carrie Mihalcik - Sept. 25, 2013

-- Can't find anything to watch on Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Hulu, or any other online-streaming service? Well, now there's one more place to check.

Target on Thursday launched its new digital video service, Target Ticket, which lets people buy or rent movies and television shows. Target said more than 30,000 titles are available for between $1 and $37, including new film releases, next-day TV shows, and exclusive Target content like behind-the-scenes extras.

It's free to sign up for the service and there's no subscription fee. Users can also set up multiple profiles, which means multiple people can watch the video of their choice, on the device of their choice, at the same time.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
  4. ChrisG8

I can't find much information but what I can find doesn't sound anything at all like Netflix, no monthly unlimited streaming plan. It sounds like competition to Vudu, buy or rent, your choice. It is supposedly available for Roku but I couldn't find it in the Roku Channel Store.

5. ChrisG8

I registered and got my 10 free movies, linked my Ultraviolet account so the movies will play through my Vudu and Flixter accounts. As soon as the Roku channel is available, I will take a look at the selection and prices.

6. ChrisG8