Quantcast

System Update

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by chicha29, Jun 30, 2011.

1. chicha29

chicha29 New Member

I received a system update this morning. Anyone know what that is about?

When I set up the Logitech Revue two months ago, I only had internet access, not cable TV. Yesterday, I installed digital cable. In the Revue settings, I haven't inputted information to the effect that a cable TV service is now being used. Maybe the device detected the digital cable signal and did the system update on account of that?

2. antgod

antgod New Member

I received a update to day, not sure what it does and I've had my revue since November so I don't think it's because of your tv

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

3. calemr

calemr New Member

So I am not allowed to post a link yet because I have less the 10 posts but here is the official word from logitech.

Hi,

We have begun sending out a software update to Logitech Revue over the air today. We are sending the update out in waves and it will take a few days before all Logitech Revue boxes receive it. All Logitech Revue boxes will receive the update by end of day on Saturday, July 2, 2011.

Your Logitech Revue will display a message when the update is available to you for download and installation. If you are not using your Logitech Revue when the message is displayed, the update will automatically be installed after 30 minutes of the message being displayed with no response.

To check if your Logitech Revue has received the update, follow the steps below:
    1. From the Google TV home screen, go to Applications > Settings > About.
    2. Scroll down to Build Number. If your Logitech Revue has received the update, the number will end in "b54202"
    This software update applies security fixes.

Regards,

Logitech Revue Customer Care

4. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Ohhhh NO!! Not yet another meaningless security fix for the umpteenth time. I hope this new update doesn't break more functionality again.

5. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

Is that what we got in the form of an update?
    A security update and or breach? :confused:

6. Rickaren

Rickaren New Member Staff Member

Logitech Revue Gets Minor Security Update
    $revue.jpg
    June 30, 2011

It looks like the Logitech Revue with Google TV has gotten a little update, but it’s not the [FONT=inherit ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]Android[/FONT][/FONT]] 3.1 update we heard about earlier this year. This update is just a quick security update applying ‘security fixes’, according to Logitech.
    If you’d like to check whether the update has been sent out to your Revue, do the following steps:

1. From the Google TV home screen, go to Applications > Settings > About.
    2. Scroll down to Build Number. If your Logitech Revue has received the update, the number will end in “b54202"
    All Logitech Revues are set to have received this update by the end of the day on July 2nd. Hopefully that 3.1 update will follow [FONT=inherit ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]suit[/FONT][/FONT] shortly!

SOURCE

7. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

Oh, another under the hood update.. Thanx for that guys... [​IMG]

8. thedude

thedude Member

I got mine this morning. No detectable difference. For a moment I dared to hope it was 3.1.

I wonder if this is an update to smooth the transition/update to 3.1?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk