Quantcast

Sync PC with ext HD to Logitech Revue?

Discussion in 'Google TV FAQs' started by Falen07, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Falen07

Falen07 New Member

Hello everyone, just purchased my logitech revue yesterday from best buy. So far I am very impressed with it. I do though have some questions that maybe someone here can answer for me. I wanted to know if I was able to share out my PC with its 1tb external hard drive to the Logitech Revue. Reason is, is that I have music and movies that I have on the HD and would like to stream them to my revue in some way or another. If anyone here could help me out or has some solution to this that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

*Edit: Very sorry, just realized I posted this in the wrong forum category. If a mod could please move this that would be great. Again sorry.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2010
  2. Karen

Karen New Member

Hello Falen07,

This may help: Logitech Revue & Controller for Google TV Unveiled | We Got Served

"The Revue can connect to DLNA compliant media servers (such as a Windows 7 PC, NAS drive or home server) to play back music, video and photos on the big screen – it’s all done through the bundled Logitech Media Player app. Detecting servers on the network is just a case of a one button scan, and from there content can be navigated, or searched for by name.

Supported file formats are as follows:
    Music: AAC (.aac), FLAC (.flac), MP3 (.mp3), OGG (.ogg),WMA (.wma)
    Photos: JPEG (.jpg, .jpeg), BMP (.bmp) PNG (.png), TIFF (.tiff)
    Videos: WMV (VC-1) (.asf .wma .wmv), WMV (VC-1) + WMA (.asf .wma .wmv), WMV + WMA (.avi), Xvid (H-264) + AAC (.avi), Xvid (H-264) + AAC (.mp4), Xvid (H-264) + AAC (.mt2s .mt2), Xvid (MPEG4part2) + AAC (.avi), Xvid (MPEG4part2) + MP3 (.avi)"

3. nagmier

nagmier New Member

If its a USB HDD you can "try" plugging it in to the box itself... I have no idea if this will work or not worst case scenario I have heard so far is you would have to install DLNA server software on your PC and stream it over your network

4. Falen07

Falen07 New Member

Thanks guy, got it working pretty good with just sharing out my pc and setting it be to viewed by everyone on the network. Looks like its just using windows media player to share it out to the revue.

5. simplygoogletv

simplygoogletv New Member

It can supposedly read a FAT32 drive up to 895GB, but when I plug in my 500GB FAT32 drive it says it detects an unformatted drive.

6. SpyderMS

SpyderMS New Member

From what I've been reading, there is currently a 40GB limit when trying to share via the built-in USB ports on the Revue, which pretty much limits it to flash storage only. No idea why they did this, and hopefully it's fixed soon.

7. simplygoogletv

simplygoogletv New Member

The approved limit is actually 895GB, and they say larger drives may work, but they aren't supported. I did get my 500GB drive to work, so I know it can go at least that high.

8. SpyderMS

SpyderMS New Member

Good to hear :) I just got another 1.5 TB drive, and will be getting an enclosure for it soon. Will test it out.

9. MysticalTux

MysticalTux New Member

SpyderMS, could you please post your results when you get a change to test your 1.5 TB drive.

Thanks,

10. TheSanTechnologist

TheSanTechnologist New Member

I believe the limitation has to do with the file system not the revue. I haven't played with USB connected storage, however, the Revue does see my LinkStation NAS device and the audio and photos on it.

edit:

Oh and my LinkStation device is 2TB.