Quantcast

Sugar DVD Offers Unlimited TV Streaming On PS3, Google TV

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by CatfishRivers, Nov 11, 2011.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

3. MStrawder

MStrawder New Member

All joking aside, this is yet another realization by a content distributor that there's a new and under utilized market out there. Those of us who prefer to hand-pick and stream the content we want. There is so much potential here for revenue that I am amazed that problems like the blocking of Hulu and other major networks still exists.

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I believe the that "blocking" was a reflexive reaction to protect the profitability of their content. They didn't have the leisure to properly understand the technology nor a way prevent devaluation or monetize the content. However, with several channel line providers and content owners starting to adopt authenticated services, at least they're finding away to enrich their service offerings while still retaining the value of their content.

5. MStrawder

MStrawder New Member

Their content became no less valuable then pre-GTV in all honesty. Many users did, and still do, just stream via a laptop or HTPC. GTV devices simply made it more affordable and/or convenient for some people. Comparing a $99 Revue to a $400 laptop and it's a no brainer if you simply want to stream content. I'm actually fine with advertising if it subsidizes their content delivery. Wife and I have an anime show on Crackle we love to watch. We have no problem with the 15-20 seconds of commercials during the show. It's a trade-off to be able to stream what I want, when I want, without being at the mercy of a set programming lineup. Since setting up my Revue and PlayOn server, I have not once said, "there's nothing on".