Quantcast

Sudden issue with Brighthouse and Sony STB

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by FellintoOblivion, Jul 9, 2011.

1. FellintoOblivion

FellintoOblivion New Member

I first bought the Sony STB last November and other then an issue linking the remote with the box (had to move it to a TV in a different room for it work, too much interference in the living room apparently) it's worked pretty flawlessly. Occasionally I would get an a message from my Brighthouse DVR saying that my TV is not able to display an image from this DVI, please choose another source when I switched from say, the input I was using for Xbox back to the one for cable but it actually was working fine and I would just dismiss the message.

Well I got this message again last nite except now I'm unable to see a picture from my cable box. I currently have it hooked up like this:

Cable box DVR->Google TV via HDMI
    Google TV->TV via HDMI
    TV->audio system via optical cable

Now if I take out the Google TV and just hook my DVR up to the TV with hDMI it works fine so it's clearly an interface issue between the Sony STB and my DVR box (I'm actually able to see the guide overlay even though there is no actual picture which is weird) but I have no idea what could have caused it to randomly happen in the middle of the nite. Could there have been a software update for my DVR from Brighthouse that's causing this?