Quantcast

Subtitles: 3500 On Netflix

Discussion in 'More News from Your Google TV News Team' started by Rickaren, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Rickaren

Rickaren New Member Staff Member

3500 TV Shows And Movies On Netflix Have Subtitles, More In 2011

by Hayley Garcia on February 26, 2011

[​IMG]

Neil Hunt, Chief Product Officer at Netflix told us in a statement today, that the on-demand video streaming service will have subtitles for 80% of the movies and TV shows it has to offer, by the end of this year.

About 30% of the titles on Netflix U.S. or just more than 3,500 movies and TV shows currently have subtitles as an option ("burned in" for non-English titles).

Subtitles are only supported on PC, Mac, Nintendo Wii, Sony PlayStation 3, Google TV and Boxee Box. Netflix will add support for subtitles on Roku and Xbox 360 later this year; smartphones, tablets and other Netflix-ready devices releasing in summer or later will also support subtitles.

SETTINGS.
    1. On PC or Mac, look for the the Subtitles button in the player.
    [​IMG]

2. On other supported devices, go to the movie / TV show title page, click "Audio and subtitles" and check the available language.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SOURCE

2. ncmacasl

ncmacasl New Member

3. RioRicoRick

RioRicoRick New Member

Hello!

When ever I start watching a show on Netflix, subtitles are on by default. How can I stop this behavior?

Netflix app on my GoogleTV box.

Thank you!

4. RioRicoRick

RioRicoRick New Member

Can anyone provide and answer? I thought my question was simple and clear, and this seems like the correctly place to ask.

The show I am having problems with is the series Hercules The Legendary Journeys.

This thread is about subtitles. I cannot find any other threads about problems with subtitles.

Should I start a new thread for this question?

Whenever I watch Hercules, the subtitles are on by default, can this be changed (so that they, the subtitles, are off by default instead of on by default?)

Again, thanks to whoever can help me out.

5. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Hi Rick

No, don't start a new thread. It's just I've never seen Netflix subtitles being on by default. Give me a little time to play around w/it. I'm hoping others more experienced than myself will chime in also. In the meantime you can try Deleting Recent Updates if this option is available and Force Closing the app. Home Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Netflix.

Carl

Last edited: Jul 13, 2013
  6. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Ok, I checked and the video played w/out Subtitles. I clicked on Subtitles and was able to choose English and it worked. Make sure you have subtitles set to "None." You should see a checkmark if the feature is turned off. This feature is should not be on by default. Follow the steps I posted above and perform an CTRL +Alt+Delete if needed.

One of the reasons you didn't get a reply is because you posted in a news section. Take time to check out the different forums and you will see the help sections for each unit. If this doesn't solve yer problem, then yes, feel free to post again in the appropriate forum. Btw, Welcome to the forum.

HTH

Carl