Quantcast

Streaming w/TVersity

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by MattFL850, Aug 19, 2013.

1. MattFL850

MattFL850 New Member

I've been using TVersity for a while and have only had a few small issues on my PS3 with .mkv files.

I've had the co-star for a while and just assumed it sucked at DNLA.

I have tons of movies/shows on my PC streaming via tversity. Most work, but some do not. What's strange is the same file types will or will not work. For example, season 1 of the Soprano's will not play any sound, but has flawless video. Seasons 6 and 7 work just fine all around. Season 2 will not play at all. These are ALL .avi files. It works like this with other files, I am just giving an example.

ALL of these files work on my xbox 360 with the same settings. I am using the most up to date version of TVersity and co-star firmware. I am only using CCCP for my codec pack.

intel i5-3570k @ 3.9ghz
    16gb RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680
    Windows 8

Does anyone have any experience using TVersity and the co-star? I am reluctant to switch streaming software just because the co-star doesn't want to cooperate, but I will if that's what I have to do.

Thanks

2. saeba

saeba Active Member

I was using TVersity and PS3 Media Server with my PS3 with a wide range of media formats. And had ongoing problems :-(! I'm now using Plex on my PC and on my Sony Google TVs and ... it just works. If the media won't play directly on the GTV, then Plex transcodes it. Subtitles, of various formats, get transcoded and play. I also use Plex on my Sony Tablet Z and my Samsung phone.

I can understand the reluctance to change, so see what other people have to say, but I'd suggest trying Plex.

• Like Like x 2
  3. deadringer28

deadringer28 Active Member

Plex is a must. You might want to look at PlayOn too. They essentially do the same thing but I run both for slightly different reasons. For local content Plex is the way to go. For online its very close. We use Plex almost all the time. Use PO for live streams I have Marked (feature of PlayOn called playmark)

• Like Like x 2
  4. saeba

saeba Active Member

Agree on the PlayOn too. Same here... I use Plex to play local media and PlayOn for ESPN3 (live college football!) and PlayOn/PlayLater to record content from Hulu (I record shows and then replay later in order to be able to fast-forward through all the Hulu commercials).

• Like Like x 4