Quantcast

Streaming Videos of TV Shows

Discussion in 'Sony Internet TV' started by Scotty13, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Scotty13

Scotty13 New Member

I have the Google / Sony TV and I downgraded a level from AT&T U-Verse. So some shows I’m not able to watch anymore.

I would like to know what website I can use that is compatible with the Google TV, so I can watch TV shows from my couch?

Thanks,
    Scott

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

The following two threads from the forum are good resources for finding streaming content that works with GTV:

http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/google-tv-general-discussion/297-project-free-tv.html

and also:

http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/google-tv-general-discussion/255-free-major-american-tv-channels-work-google-tv.html

Those threads are kind of long - so my suggestion is to start at the end of those threads for the most recent posts - and browse the thread pages in descending order.

In a nutshell - currently full episodes from the web sites of NBC, CBS, FOX, Disney, TNT & TBS won't work with GTV because they block the GTV browser. Most of the other channels' web sites will work with GTV - but for many of them you need to change your GTV user agent to "generic". Currently all the Viacom owned stations plus ABC, USA, CW, PBS, Lifetime and several others have sites that will work with GTV.

*Note: Also I suggest you check out my Symbaloo bookmarks for GTV content (it's the link in my sig below).

Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  3. Scotty13

Scotty13 New Member

@CatfishRivers - Thanks a million.

Scott