Quantcast

Streaming Video from Network

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by Maximus, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Maximus

Maximus New Member

I am unable to play any of the supported video format via network on the Sony's NSZ-GS7. I can only stream MP4 videos, and even it is very selective on which MP4 it wants to play. I use AVIA App and GTVbox App and same result. I have a revue and WMV, AVI, DIVX, MPG4 files all play fine, but not on the Sony GS7. Is this a bug??!! These files play fine via USB HDD (plays almost all of them, which is odd, but that's a different issue) So I know the Sony GS7 is indeed able to decode them, but why not on the network except for MP4, it sounds defenitly like a bug!! Is anyone experienceing this problem?

2. mcd2000

mcd2000 Active Member

Hm. I've just checked MKV/AVI/M2TS/VOB over the network. All works.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Maximus

Maximus New Member

Not too sure what happened, I must have played with some sharing setting on my PC and now i can play all my videos using GTVBox, but no luck with the AVIA app, which was my favorite app, I guess it is not optimized for the GS7. Oh well, I guess I will need to make the switch to the GTVBox app. I like it so far!! ;)

4. lunapark

lunapark Member

I can see a lot them too.
    I use PLEX.

5. theslydog

theslydog New Member

How exactly were you streaming over a network?

I have found that the box will not stream MKV using ES File explorer and MX Player. It wont allow me to install the Arm V7 Neon driver.

Edit: I got it to play MKV from within ES File Explorer by holding down the ok or mouse click to get the menu box to pop up and then choose play as video. This is a slow way to do it though.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
  6. Jamon47

Jamon47 New Member

That's interesting because when I went to Sony Store for a GS7 demo they couldn't get any of my AVI files to work from my USB key. What app to you use to read your AVI files from the network? Have you ever tried to load some of your AVI files on a USB key (or USB HDD) and see if it still works from there? What type of AVI files do you have: AVI/H.264 or AVI/MPEG4 SP or AVI/DV/Xvid or AVI/DV/DivX or ...

7. mcd2000

mcd2000 Active Member

I am actually a developer of a media player app (see signature). I have lots of test samples. Most of them work.
    I even have file compatibility page for each GTV device: http://player.gtvbox.net/audio-video-formats

Looks like Sony Store should start using my app. ;)