Quantcast

Streaming Google Tv's HDMI Source

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by matteggleton89, Aug 29, 2013.

1. matteggleton89

matteggleton89 New Member

Hi im new to the forum and i have a question which i cannot seem to find the answer to anywhere. I have a logitech revue and so far everything i have wanted to do with it i have found a way, But what i am struggling with is the following.

Is there a way i can stream the HDMI source (in my case my Virgin Tivo Box) from the google tv to other devices. I dont mind how this is done whether its some sort of server app running on the revue, or needing a media server/plex server etc on the network of some kind. Its the only thing that has baffled me but would be soo good if it was possible.

My thought obviously being if i can get to the video source from another PC/android device anything on my network then i can stream this out remotely and effectively take my Virgin Tivo/Sky/Freeview with me on the go, All i would need to resolve then is controlling the HDMI device remotely, but ill cross that bridge when i come to it.

if coding knowledge is needed so be it, i know a few languages but can learn whats needed.

Any help or pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated, even if its "No that cannot be done because..." at least it will stop be going crazy over trying to find the answer.

2. dtaylor

dtaylor Member

Kinda sounds like you need a slingbox.

Sent from my Nook HD+ using Tapatalk 4 Beta

3. matteggleton89

matteggleton89 New Member

Thanks for the reply, i wasnt aware these existed, This is definitely something i am going to look into getting they look to be near £150 in UK for the Pro. In the interim does anyone know of a way i can use my Revue for similar functionality as it will be a while before i can convince the other half to let me blow more money on toys lol.

Thanks
    Matt