Quantcast

Streaming from WHS 2011

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by jblasrsx, Oct 7, 2012.

1. jblasrsx

jblasrsx New Member

I am having some issues streaming from my Windows Home Server 2011 machine. I was wanting to be able to stream all my movies/videos from the network share there but so far have not been able to find a way. Every time I try to access it, it tells me that there are no videos found. I know you have to log in to the server to be able to view anything off of it, but I never get a chance to sign in from the Co-Star. Is there something else I should be doing? Or is there a media server, like Plex that can be used on the server? I have checked out Plex and it looks like it might work, until I notice that there isn't a download or add-in available for WHS2011.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

2. wdingus

wdingus New Member

The GTVBox app can stream MKV and other formats from a remote share. It's $3 and far from perfect though. It is successful for probably only 70% of the files I have and have checked so far. YMMV

3. enviable27

enviable27 New Member

Try Mezzmo, I have it installed on my whs 2003 and it works perfectly. It even transcodes all my dts files automatically.

4. wdingus

wdingus New Member

5. enviable27

enviable27 New Member

I have a revue and it transcodes dts audio to ac3 you should try it.. I believe they have a free trial still. Its the best thing that worked for me because depending Plex was bogging down my whs cpu. (Plex is a resource hog)