Quantcast

Streaming an iTunes library to a revue for a recent iOS convert and his mum!

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by wgrayc, Oct 4, 2011.

1. wgrayc

wgrayc New Member

Hey Guys,

New to Andriod and Google TV and slowly finding my feet. I've scoured your forums for any info on accessing an itunes library but can't.

The short (long?) story is that I got a Logitech Revue for my Mum and she is (frustratingly) un-tech, we want the revue to access her iTunes library with a minimum of fuss. Is there a way we can execute this?

She uses Vista (I know..) and her Revue via wifi. If we need an app on Windows it would have to be set-n-forget by me!

Hope you guys can help!

Thanks a million

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

That's pretty much because iTunes is proprietary to Apple's Ecosystem. If this is a feature which is mandatory, then I would personally recommend looking into getting an Apple TV to either replace or work in conjugation with the Revue. However, there is a program called "TVmobili" which claims it can act as a "ITUNES DLNA MEDIA SERVER. TVMOBiLi is fully integrated with iTunes. Your iTunes catalogue is made instantly available as soon as you install TVMOBiLi onto your computer." Since the Logitech Media Server is a DLNA client then you can give that program a try.

3. wgrayc

wgrayc New Member

te that's great!

I had been looking into Windows Media Player as a dlna server but i'm having problems with finding a m4a codec.

You're probably right about the Apple Tv. I use one at home but got Mum a Revue (we are in Australia) so she could watch our country's catch up tv services and files i send to her on a USB drive that the WDTV box she has would stop playing half way through.

I'll give this mobli thing a shot. Thanks heaps for the quick reply.

Also if anyone is wondering about the Revue in Australia, it is about as useful as you expect. You are blocked from Netflix and Amaon without a vpn, blocked from sites that block Google Tv and blocked from sites that allow Google Tv but won't let you view out of the USA. You CAN configure it to run with our networks etc which is great.

If anyone knows how to manually set the network details (ie, IP address and DNS server) I have a work around ready, just can't seem to find the manual settings on the Revue. I might post in the Revue section today!

Thanks again

4. oracle_guy

oracle_guy New Member

If you download the app Plex from the marketplace - see PlexApp.com - it allows you to connect to a host PC (running their server software) and access iTunes data. I'm using it for that and to stream media to my devices.

5. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

You can also upload up to 20,000 songs I think on google music and use it to stream your music from the cloud. The uploader will not upload drmed music to google music though.