Quantcast

stream from pc to revue

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by patrickl33, Jan 14, 2012.

1. patrickl33

patrickl33 New Member

Hi,

I finally able to setup my logitech revue to stream the files on my pc via the logitech media player but there's a problem, it can't seem to detect any mkv files on my pc.. I have problem using gtvbox player, can't seems to detect any workgroup.

Can someone help me?

2. bkdg100

bkdg100 New Member

3. patrickl33

patrickl33 New Member

can point out the actual link then going through the entire website?

4. bkdg100

bkdg100 New Member

did you try first link ? ignore the macbook "terminolgy" that part that is wrong ......

Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
  5. patrickl33

patrickl33 New Member

yup i did but it cant detect any workgroup as per my first post.. I try in manually add in the smb, but it keep prompting me password error.. I didn't setup any password on my pc though :(

6. patrickl33

patrickl33 New Member

yup i did but it cant detect any workgroup as per my first post.. I try in manually add in the smb, but it keep prompting me password error.. I didn't setup any password on my pc though :(

edit:
    Ok, I turn off the password protected sharing.. Is able to see the fodlers that I share on my pc but when i try to access the folders, I get password error again ~_~

7. bkdg100

bkdg100 New Member

disable it on you server ?
    SMB File Sharing Accessing windows 7 shares from XP and other devices

SMB protocol is that makes your Windows computers to share files between each other. GTVBox Video Player is able to see shared directories of your Windows PC and play video files from them.
    Depending on your home network configuration, there are two ways to add your SMB share:
    1. The most simple way is to go Options->Discover Windows (SMB) shares. GTVBox will first try to find any Workgroups in your homenet and display them. Than you can select a hostname of your PC from the list. You will see the Add Windows share dialog. All you need here is to provide the name of the tab (anything really). Also, if your share is password protected, fill username and password fields. Than press OK. Your share should be accessible now by clicking the tab.
    2. If the first way stops you with "Can not find Workgroups" error message, things become more complicated. You should determine a hostname of your pc (something like MYPC in Windows) or better the IP address of your PC. Than, go Options->Add Windows (SMB) share. You will see the same dialog described in the way #1. Fill the name of your share and put hostname or IP address of your PC into smb:// field. Again, if your share is password protected, fill username and password.

http://forum.gtvhacker.com/apps-and-suggestions/topic215-190.html

Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
  8. patrickl33

patrickl33 New Member

Ok i got it to work!!! thank you so much

9. bkdg100

bkdg100 New Member

maybe you should let everyone in on your trials ...