Quantcast

Stream different content to 3 televisions (one Revue)?

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by plac, Feb 9, 2013.

1. plac

plac New Member

Stream different content to 3 televisions (one Revue)?
    How so?
    SmartTVs?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

The Revue has a single HDMI output, only way to output content is using that HDMI output and even if split, all displays connected will display the same content, whatever is being output by that Revue. Yes, it is possible to stream different content to three different displays but if you only own one Revue, only one of the three will be handled by the Revue, you will need other streaming players for the other two. Two smart TVs would mean it is possible for different content on all three, but only one would be displaying programming from the Revue.

All Google TV boxes to date have one HDMI output and would be no different than the Revue for this purpose. A single PC can be set up as a server and provide different content for three different displays, you would probably want a powerful PC and the right software but that is a single box that can handle the task.

3. plac

plac New Member

What happens when you click on the Revue UPnP icon in your PC network neighborhood?
    Does it bring up a blank server page; or does it give you a few links (app, to stream from Revue)?

4. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Within your network, Google TV is a client, not a server. Generally the server will be a PC but there are PC like appliances that act as a server too, just not Google TV. You won't be streaming from Google TV to another device within your network, it is the other way around.

5. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Yep!

This is convenient for Cable boxes that have 3 outputs. The only problem is the wiring. I have one 19' TV that I use like a laptop on my desk running the HDMI Pass through. The other TV closer to the cable box I use the Hi Def cables. And the other TV before it died I had coming from the RF. This allows for using the Keyboard in the bedroom to control the cable box in the other room. But only one TV can access the internet. I'm waiting for another Google TV device if they ever get the bugs out. The Vizio wouldn't work as the distance would be too far for the remote.

The cool part is I can choose my favorites in the Quick Guide & change the channel on the 32' w/out leaving internet mode on the 19'.

It's great if ya live alone, but for family viewing it wouldn't work...

Carl

6. plac

plac New Member

My nano Dell thin-client (NetTop) has DVI dual monitor output.
    Another option would be buying one for each television ($35 RaspberryPI or used ThinClients).
    Anyone familiar with the WIDI boxes? Do any of these support multiple different streams?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013