Quantcast

Strange google music problem

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by michelbites, Feb 12, 2013.

1. michelbites

michelbites New Member

I'm having a strange problem with Google Music.

I will be playing a video in an app and sometimes at random Google Music will be playing in the background. (this happend 4 times so far). I would reboot my Vizio thinking it was a glitch and it would do it again. Like as if I turned the app on. But I never touched it. I really don't know how else to explain this. Its very strange.

I have a Vizio Co-Star running v4.6.0

2. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Google Music is fairly new to Google TV. You MUST totally back out of the site to disengage the music file. Try troubleshooting different ways of exiting the app. You may find a way to exit w/out needing to restart. I've often found that native apps are the most troublesome for GTV. Sad, but true.

After playing a music file, try using yer Menu key to close the App. If after a restart you feel the App is still open, check yer Notifications feature by holding down Home key for a few seconds. There are a few native apps that can be troublesome. A Fox News App followed me all over the internet until I force closed it. Use whatever means ya can to disable these apps as they track us everywhere we go. Google isn't doing this, but if their app is acting in this way, I'd report it immediately!

Carl