Quantcast

Stop TV from auto switching to DVD input.

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by shane.smith, Jan 31, 2011.

1. shane.smith

shane.smith New Member

I have a 40'' Sony Internet TV. I have a problem that it auto switches to DVD input every time the DVD player tray is opened/closed. This is especially troublesome if i am watching some streaming video or youtube on the chrome browser as there's no way to go back to that streaming apart from reopening the link again. Is there someway i can stop this auto switch of input ?

Thanks.

2. galfert

galfert Active Member

You probably don't fix this on your TV. Your DVD player is probably connected via HDMI. There probably is a setting in the DVD player to not autoplay when inserting a disc. If this doesn't do it then look at the TV settings and see if you see anything about not auto switching inputs. Alternatively if you were thinking of getting an AV reciever get one with HDMI and then everything gets connected via the AV receiver and only one HDMI connection to the TV from the receiver, things may behave differently...although no guarantees. Alternatively you could connect your DVD player with component cables and I bet that would fix the problem and you will not really notice the difference in picture quality.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
  3. shane.smith

shane.smith New Member

Thanks for the reply. Yes it's connected through HDMI. There was an option in DVD player settings to 'auto wake up TV', i disabled it but still the same problem. I don't understand why TV needs to switch inputs automatically !