Quantcast

Still cant controll my sound bar

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by oceangor, Jan 2, 2012.

1. oceangor

oceangor New Member

I have went through the set up multiple times adding my Polk Audio Sound bar 6000 as my AV reciever. the revue will not turn up and down or mute the volume not matter what. I even set it up and went to the user define keys and selected the plus and minus rocker keys and tried a manual learn from my polk audio remote to the revue. It says it took the cammands.. I hit save and doesnt turn up or down volume.. Delete AV reciever and re set up Pol Audio SB 6000 still nothing.. The Sound bar is pluged into the back of my Vizo TV but that shouldnt matter. I did tel lthe revue to use the revue controller to controll my AV reciever not my TV.. I have the TV muted using the sound bar via old remote..
    Any ideas??
    Thanks!!!

2. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

Try This,

- Plug the IR Blasters (included w/Revue) to Revue and place it in front of the Soundbar IR reciver.
    - use manual learn via Polk-audio-remote ( like you did)

Btw, how Audio is connected to Soundbar ?

• Revue > HDMI > TV > Optical > Soundbar
    • Revue > HDMI > TV > RCA > Soundbar
    • Revue > Optical > Soundbar
    • Revue > RCA > Soundbar

see more Tip: IR Blasters -- > http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...ix-apps-quick-review-post22858.html#post22858

Good Luck!

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  3. dhcross61

dhcross61 New Member

I was having problems with the remote controlling the sound going through my amp. I discovered that the ir blaster were to close to the amp cabinet. I moved the blaster eye away from the unit by about and inch. Now all the remotes work great.

4. chicha29

chicha29 New Member

The Polk 6000 is $434.00 on Amazon. I'm guessing you must have paid at least $500.00 for your HDTV. For $1,000., you couldn't buy an HDTV with an excellent built-in home-theater sound system? I don't have a sound bar and earlier today was pricing them on Amazon, is why I ask. From my researching of HDTV's on Amazon, many reviewers complained about how the audio is of low quality on many of the new-generation HDTV's. And that there was an expectation on the part of the manufacturers that buyers would buy sound bars, so why build good quality audio into the TV.

5. oceangor

oceangor New Member

I have it from Cable box to Revue>HDMI>TV>optical out of tv>soundbar
    I moved the little IR blaster and infact stood infront of it.. The Revue light blinks on the Revue but the sound does nothing...
    Why would the revue want to see my volume comands through Ir blaster or otherwise ? Shouldnt the Revue keyboard send the correct volume codes to turn up and down volume directly to the Sound bar?
    Thanks for your help!!!

6. roaoro

roaoro New Member

if your soundbar is hooked up to your tv, and your tv is muted, you will have no sound...

7. oceangor

oceangor New Member

I have the tv set to external speakers

8. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

Revue doesn't record IR (codes) commends via the IR blaster - (its the other way around) Revue will send IR (codes) commends via the IR blaster.
    When you press [volume +/-] key on Revue's keyboard, the Revue Box (will act as an IR remote control) will transmit IR codes from its built-in IR Blasters and the mini IR Blasters simultaneously.

Btw, Revue Box has built-in IR Blasters and IR receiver.

For testing - try this,

- Reconfigure the Sound bar component in Revue - remove it & add it by choosing Generic - teach it only volume (+/- ), also remove the TV component (for now).

- Try it - keep pressing volume (+) on Revue's keyboard - hold the mini IR blaster & move it in front & around the soundbar IR receiver - Or move Revue box to face the soundbar (for now).

For more see IR: & Tip: IR Blasters

Good Luck!

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012