Quantcast

STB to Revue to TV results in lower volumes.

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by justinangil, Aug 10, 2011.

1. justinangil

justinangil New Member

Just picked up the Revue the other day. Ran through all the steps on setting up.

I have a Verizon Fios (Motorola QIP7100 2) HD STB and a 32" LG 32LE5300.

When I connect the Revue in between the two, the volume is significantly lower than if I connected the STB straight to the TV.

For example, what I normally watch on volume 6-8 from STB=>TV, I would need to turn up the volume to 16-18 if I connected STB=>Revue=>TV.

I'm not much of a sound person, but would anyone know why the Revue would lower the sound output by that much?

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

If you are not using an AV Receiver, you can adjust the Revue's output using the Volume Up/Down settings on the RF Keyboard. I believe the default setting is a midway volume setting. If the those keys adjusts your TV's volume then then disassociate it from the TV through the Input Device customize control panel, so that you can set the Revue to output at max levels, then re-associate it back to your TV.

3. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Is that the only way to adjust pass through volume?

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I don't know of any other way.

5. justinangil

justinangil New Member

already tried dis-associating the TV from the Revue. The Revue's volume is at max. Still low volume.

6. rethsny

rethsny New Member

Hello.
    I'm having the same volume issue. Currently on Verizon FiOS with DVR model QIP 7216.
    Could you provide step by step instructions on how one would go about dis-associating the TV from the Revue. Thanks

7. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

1. GTV Settings
    2. TV & AV Receiver
    3. Highlight and click TV
    4. Select Remove
    5. If you don't have an AV Receiver then skip to step 8
    6. Highlight and Click AV Receiver
    7. Select Remove
    8. Click GTV Back (the crooked left arrow next to the D-Pad on the keyboard.)
    Now go into the TV Live app and push the Volume Up or Down button, you should see a small volume window at the top center of the screen indicating the Revue's volume levels. Make sure the volume is maxed out then readd the TV and AVR.

8. Cygnus

Cygnus New Member

I am having a somewhat similar issue but with brightness. The picture is rather dark. Is there a way I can make the GTV give a brighter picture?

9. rethsny

rethsny New Member

Followed the step by step provided by EFERZ, no change. Thanks anyway.

10. justinangil

justinangil New Member

Read around the net. It's an on going problem, possible effecting only Motorola STBs.

11. JMBrowning

JMBrowning New Member

I have the same issue using a Comcast (CISCO) STB with a Samsung 40". Hopefully it's an isolated issue...

12. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

If you have AVR decoding Dolby Digital,
    Check If your Moto STB Audio-out Menu is set to [Auto], [LPCM] or [Through]?
    Set it to [Through] & check the volume.

These setting can be found in the STB menu, for some Moto STB you may have to turn off the STB and immediately select menu (caution here!). refer to STB manual.

If you Revue connected to AVR w/ Optical audio, go to Revue setting > [Picture&Sound] >[Optical audio out] select Dolby Digital.

If no AVR, set STB to [LPCM] & check the volume.

• Like Like x 2
  13. justinangil

justinangil New Member

Whoa. That worked. Thanks!Btw to get into that special menu on the qip7100 I hit power off on the stb, then hit OK on the remote and MENU on the remote. Not together but one after another.Power off on box > OK on remote > MENU on remote.

14. ajgarvin

ajgarvin New Member

I have a Motorola QIP7232 P2 (aka QIP7232-2) STB/DVR. When accessed with the STB in the normal on mode, the Audio menu does not have a setting for Auto/LPCM/Through. I have not been able to figure out how to enter any secret menu by sequence and/or combination of power and other buttons. This STB/DVR has fewer front panel buttons than most QIP models; all it has in addition to power are navigation buttons (up/down/left/right and OK).

Any help in figuring out if this model has an Auto/LPCM/Through setting and how to access it would be appreciated.

• Like Like x 2
  15. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

Re, Moto STB model:QIP7232 P2 (Provision 2),

Did you try to access the STB menu via its remote control? -- turn ON the STB then turn off the STB and immediately press menu button on the remote (leave the TV ON).

See Tip Link --># 11- Audio:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  16. ajgarvin

ajgarvin New Member

Thanks for the reply and the Tips posting... very informative and helpful. As an aside, what in the world is a prevision? Sounds like a biologist's or archaeologist's term for organisms that haven't developed a sight sense.

17. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

^^ You welcome!

btw, meant Provision 2 (P2):D

Cheers!

• Like Like x 2
  18. ajgarvin

ajgarvin New Member

Unfortunately, on my QIP7232-2, pressing menu on the remote (there's no menu button on the front panel) with the STB off simply turns it on. This is the case whether I do it immediately after turning the box off or not. I've also tried pressing menu while holding the power button and pressing the power button while holding the menu button. None of these combinations brings up a configuration menu. The only guide I've been able to locate (I've checked both the Verizon and Motorola websites) is a Quick Start guide and it doesn't go into much detail on anything (and certainly not on how to access special menus).

19. ajgarvin

ajgarvin New Member

On my third attempt to find someone at Verizon support who knew enough to help me, I got through to someone who gave me the secret code...
    On a Motorola QIP7232, the way to get to the detailed device configuration menus is to turn the box on and then, using the Verizon-supplied remote, press Power, OK, Menu in quick succession.

Revue5: You might want to consider adding this information to your excellent Revue GTV 2.0 Tips.

• Like Like x 2
  20. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

Done! --># 12- Audio

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012