Quantcast

Startup problem - Launches Google Chrome automatically with error, just want TV

Discussion in 'Sony Internet TV' started by nprlisner, Dec 3, 2011.

1. nprlisner

nprlisner New Member

I have a Sony NSX-32GT1 Internet Tv. Had it for about one month. Since the last update (3.1) the TV starts Google Chrome automatically sometime getting the not connected error in the browser window. I just want to watch TV, no apps at startup. It appears to be a default setup but I don't know how to change. I have a Comcast HD box connected via HDMI. If I select the TV button on the Sony remote, I am able to watch TV. Can I change this now new default behavior?

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

You'll need to set GTV Home > GTV Menu > Home and All Apps settings > Start up application > Live TV and also make sure that GTV Settings > Video Input > Configured devices has the Make default TV device set to the appropriate selection. It is represented by a small television icon on the right side of the respective iteration.

3. nprlisner

nprlisner New Member

This solution fixed my problem. Thanks! For future users, two things to note:
    • The Live TV option in Start up application is the first on the list and hidden if you don't scroll all the way to the top. The other options are in alphabetical order so I did not see that on the list when I first looked before posting.
    • When you test the fix, make sure you have Live TV on before turning off the TV. The first time I tested, I still had Chrome up so it remembered the last application that was running before turning off the TV. I'm not sure when the startup application decision is made. I would have thought it would have defaulted to Live TV every time. The second test worked when I turned off the TV with Live TV running. Maybe there is a timeout before star tup application kicks in or firmware assumes you want to start most recent application if different from default start application.
    Thanks again. :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

You're welcome. Glad to help. Actually, if you have the default settings at GTV Settings > TV settings > Eco > Quick start > Enable then the Google TV platform inside of the television remains powered. While the setting is enabled you're only toggling the power of the TV panel while pushing the power button on the remote. The "Start up application" setting is more relevant if you disabled "Quick Start".

5. nprlisner

nprlisner New Member

Aha! I will remember that. Thanks for the followup post!

• Like Like x 2
  6. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

You're welcome. Always glad to help.