Quantcast

Startup application?

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by bloinka, Jan 28, 2013.

1. bloinka

bloinka New Member

where do i go to select a startup application on the co-star? I read some tips and it says where it is but I don't see it, perhaps its been moved

2. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Hi

From Home>Settings>Home And All App Settings

3. bloinka

bloinka New Member

well... geez.. not following.. if i go home i can go to "settings" under "all apps".. but i don't see an option of "home and all app settings"... I see video, audio, devices, applications, network , system settings, and guided setup.. there is no update available, any ideas where i'm getting lost?

4. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

This is how I do it on my Logitech Revue:

Go to home (key with house), then click menu key (key with 4 horizontal bars), then click where it says "Home and All Apps settings", then click where it says "Startup application".

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  5. bloinka

bloinka New Member

thanks, unfortunately the interface for the revue and the co-star are completely different, i'm starting to think its not possible with the co-star.. ?

6. plac

plac New Member

I agree that there should be a button marked "options" which should cover all the bases. My Sony box has one. Hard to understand why they released Co-Star with such an awkward GUI. Needs a lot of tweeks, but I think it'll pull it off.

7. horrorshow83

horrorshow83 New Member

System Tuner is an app in the Play Store that allows you to customize startup apps.

8. Carlszone

I would try out the Open Launcher for Google TV. The settings menu will give ya direct access to start up apps. Ya may even find some of the features a great alternative to the default launcher.

Carl

9. plac

plac New Member

I may call Vizio tomorrow to try and accomplish this one. I dug around in the settings for a half hour; and I did find the home page section, but it has no options to change it (from empty). I'd like to put Chrome browser as the startup app. Mine still hasn't updated, and that may solve everything.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  10. bloinka

bloinka New Member

So far no options suggested has worked for me. I too am trying to get Chrome as my startup application, more specifically a web page my startup application. I use googletv for digital signage, so i'm pretty much stuck with the revue or sony units as of now. anyone know if the hisense box has this option?

11. Carlszone

Geeze, I just called Vizio.

Are you guys kidding me! The guy I got on the line was the biggest A$$whole I ever encountered. They don't give a fig. In his 'Expert Opinion' there is no option for a startup App. Period! While I don't believe him, I think ya'll may not be able to find this simple option. In the meantime will ya just try the Open Launcher and see if it gives ya the option to select a start up app? At any rate, it will distance ya from having to deal w/Vizio support on this matter.

Trying to help Vizio users is proving to be very frustrating. I'd hate to be one of their customers. But as I have no bone in this fight, to each his own device of torture. Ya gotta be careful which company ya choose for a GTV device. Vizio, the new Starship of the GTV Fleet is flying w/out a captain, in my humble opinion.

Good Luck...

Carl

12. plac

plac New Member

bloinka,
    Carl posted this alternate startup launcher link on another thread. I'll have another look at this today, and will post anything positive.

13. Carlszone

Cool!

Lemme know...

14. plac

plac New Member

15. Carlszone

Yes, the ADW.Launcher is another option. But it does not have the non-intrusive feel of the Open Launcher. And are you sure it is compatible w/yer device? Many folks side-load launchers for more functions, but at the cost of stability of the device itself.

The Open Launcher behaves like a native App. Btw, I have 2 launchers which I've found work to complement each other. The free version of Launcher Pro allows for up to 7 screens. I have Apps & Widgets (which Open Launcher doesn't support) and Amazon Movies, Terra Earth wallpaper, w/Moon Pro. The Open launcher overlays Launcher Pro so I have access to both w/just a click of the back button.

These devices were created w/a simple Default Launcher w/apps in mind. You can set up your device anyway ya want.

Carl

16. TrueValueTV

TrueValueTV New Member

Hello Bloinka, I have both the sony nsz-gt7 and the co-star and the co-star is not allowing for startup apps. I programmed a digital signage application that you can make custom templates, add videos and youtube videos, and edit sequences very easily. Email me if you'd like more info, I can get you 1 month free trial

17. bloinka

bloinka New Member

do you have a website for the product?

18. TrueValueTV

TrueValueTV New Member

We currently don't have a website but if you'd like email me at Lpm62229@yahoo.com, I can set you up with a free trial so you can test it out and see if you like it. I developed this for TrueValue Corporations and have it implemented in 27 stores so far. I am thinking of repackaging the software for normal users such as yourself.

19. khadley

khadley New Member

Has anyone found a solution for this. I use the co-star to run Plex and would love it to autoload it each time i start it up.

20. Alaska4Me

Alaska4Me Member

Carlszone has the sony gotten the JB update yet? I'm kinda curious to see what we get when it comes