Quantcast

Start up application

Discussion in 'Sony Blu-Ray Set Top Box' started by lkruper, Dec 25, 2011.

1. lkruper

lkruper Member

I have a Sony Bravia TV, a Sound Bar and the google TV blu-ray hooked together successfully. I have the Slingplayer app from Spotlight selected as the start up application. When I turn off the TV with the BD/Ext button and turn it on again the main screen appears with the apps at the bottom. Slingplayer does not start. However I accidentally unplugged the unit when messing with the cables and when it came back up Slingplayer not only started but connected successfully. Short of unplugging the unit instead of turning off the unit, how do I get this to happen under normal shutdown/startup?

On a separate note, are the colored buttons (yellow, blue, red, green) used at all? Is it possible to program the remote to automatically switch to an application with these buttons?

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Actually, if you have the default settings at GTV Settings > TV settings > Eco > Quick start > Enable then the Google TV platform inside of the television remains powered. While the setting is enabled you're only toggling the power of the TV panel while pushing the power button on the remote. The "Start up application" setting is more relevant if you disabled "Quick Start".

I've only been able to get them to work under the Sony Entertainment Network app and IR Blaster Code# 11376. It seems that Sony has a limited amount of IR profiles which those buttons actually have any functionality.

3. lkruper

lkruper Member

Thanks. Those are the settings on my Sony TV however I am trying to do this on a normal Sony TV with the Sony blu-ray that has google tv. I looked through the settings for something similar but did not find anything yet like those settings you describe on my TV
    (which is at a different location).

• Like Like x 2
  4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

My apologies, it is GTV Settings > Disc Player Settings > Eco > Quick start > Enable on the NSZ-GT1.

• Like Like x 2
  5. lkruper

lkruper Member

Thanks, I found it.

• Like Like x 2
  6. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

You're welcome. Glad to help.

• Like Like x 2