Quantcast

Start Up Application - Can't Delete It!

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by guest, Dec 8, 2013.

1. guest

guest Active Member

I have in my bookmarks, the business page of the New York Times. I also had it set to my start up application. It's not an application, as such. Well, I thought I'd check out the Wall Street Journal, and made it my "start up application". (When I turn the device on, that webpage is on the screen.) I feel that the journalistic quality isn't what it used it to be. Plus, Bloomberg has the better business site these days. So I deleted the Wall Street Journal from my bookmarks, changed the "start up application" to a different website and deleted cookies and cache. But the Wall Street Journal refuses to be deleted! it's incredible! It keeps showing up as my start up application! Do I have to do a factory reset to get rid of it?

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Try going to your Chrome settings and see if the Wall Street Journal is listed as your homepage.

3. guest

guest Active Member

Thanks. That's what it was. I did a factory reset, too. Recently, the box would crash and you'd get the spinning blue circle in the middle of the screen, and it wouldn't resolve. I'd press alt/ctrl/del, but you shouldn't have to. I think the factory reset will fix the issue - for a while. Is there something in System Settings to fix that issue, though?

4. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Do you mean the spinning blue circle with Chrome on web sites?

For that you could try going to your system settings and "Force Close" & "Clear Data" from the Chrome app.

5. guest

guest Active Member

I assume that it happened in Chrome. I see a "Chrome to TV" app in System Settings/Applications/Manage Applications. If it happens again, I'll do a Force Stop and Clear Data for that app. Thanks.