Quantcast

Stagnant? = )

Discussion in 'Google TV Hacking Discussion' started by jerseyfirefighter, Jul 31, 2011.

1. jerseyfirefighter

jerseyfirefighter New Member

Hey everyone,

I just jumped on the long anticipated bandwagon. I wasnt paying $250-$300 for the revue, but at $99 how can I not buy at LEAST one... Im a long time android user. I root and rom. Im guessing im just a little surprised at the lack of attention in the hacking community that gtv has gotten. I have no doubt now that the revues are becoming more affordable, and im assuming the market is now coming to GTV that the hacking community will pay more interest in this device.

I cant see how if the mobile hacking community can root a mobile device and create apps to circumvent tether charges, that the Gtv hacking community cant overcome the networks embargo's imposed on gtv correct? I hate local cable companies and have long awaited the day I can cut the cable and live with a hulu/netflix/interwebs environment.

So as I thumb through the forums.. I eagerly await my box (es) and look forward to jumping on the modding community as this thing gets opened up.

2. koopakid08

koopakid08 New Member

Is has been rooted through a hardware mod but once honeycomb cones out they will have a software exploit.

Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

3. jerseyfirefighter

Yes im sorry I didnt really spell that out right.. I read that it was rooted but with superuser access and soon honeycomb..id love to see the first workaround to be the blocking of major networks. Nothing would give me more pleasure then to screw the media corporations that wont play nice with google. =)

4. danger-rat

danger-rat Moderator Staff Member

Where did you hear that?

5. jerseyfirefighter

That it will have a software exploit via honeycomb? because there have been software roots via honeycomb for other devices/tablets, so I assume one could expect there to be a software root exploit in the short term post update.

6. mobimation

mobimation New Member

Earlier one motivation for hacking was to get into being able to use the device for development. With the 3.1 upgrade the unit became more developer friendly with Market access and adb debug support same as with the Sony TVs.