Quantcast

spotlight app

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by jamesmcz11, Jul 16, 2014.

1. jamesmcz11

jamesmcz11 New Member

can someone help me , i dont have the spotlight app, i want to get sling player
    im in the uk so i dont know if this is possible ?
    the only reason i bought this sony nsz-gs7 was for sling player app

please help

thanx

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Hi. Here is the link for the GTV Spotlight section that comes with my Logitech Revue:

Spotlight Gallery - Google TV

3. jamesmcz11

jamesmcz11 New Member

Thanx for that, but i found the sling player link on that, i clicked it and clicked view my sling now, but it said web browser or operating system not supported by sling player. i just wanted the app not the link ... im ready for throwing this box out the window lol , when i saw it advertized it had all the apps like hulu plus, sling, hbo, why i no see any on my app page... im so annoyed lol

4. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Hi the Slingplayer for GTV was never a real app - (in the sense that Slingplayer for GTV was a web app that worked with the GTV Chrome browser and Flash). This is supposed to be the link to the GTV Spotlight Slingplayer web app (it's the link that's in my GTV Spotlight section).

Sling.com

I got the same notice that you did about the OS not supported. It says: *We're sorry, but your operating system is not currently supported by SlingPlayer for web. Please use either Mac OS X or Windows OS* I have never used the Slingplayer GTV web app - but from the looks of it they seem to have dropped support for GTV. Maybe somebody else that has used this with GTV can chime in. I saw that they're supposed to support the UK (and I'm in USA) so the problem is not due to geographic restrictions.

*Here's the link to the Slingbox support page concerning supported browsers:

http://support.sling.com/KB/KB-2000075

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  5. jamesmcz11

jamesmcz11 New Member

Thanx for your help catfish, think i'll send box back, seems like too much bother.