Quantcast

speed2 and flash player

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by biga4327, Jul 15, 2012.

1. biga4327

biga4327 New Member

I am trying to watch video content from speed2.com and it say i need the latest version of flash player. i follow the link and adobe tells me i already have the latest version. speed2 still will not let me watch video. every other site, utube etc. i have no problems. Why?

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Some web sites require the most recent version of Flash (which is Flash 11). There could be various reasons for this including DRM (content protection) - as Flash 11 offers content protection for mobile devices. This is why some of the YouTube videos are now requiring Flash 11. Here is a link to a summary of the new features that were added to Flash 11:

What's new in Flash Player 11 | Adobe Developer Connection

Unfortunately GTV is currently on Flash 10.2. With GTV the Flash version is baked into the OS - as such it can only be updated by the manufacturer. The process is that Google would get the Flash update from Adobe and incorporate it into an OS update - and then pass it along to Sony/Logitech/Vizio/LG - and then they (manufacturers) would put out an update to GTV devices. There is no way to download a Flash version onto GTV on your own (in such a manner that it will function).

Adobe has stated that they no longer will support future Flash version updates on mobile devices (this includes GTV). Flash 11 will be Adobe's last version for mobile devices. So there's still a chance that eventually GTV will get Flash 11.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2012