Quantcast

Sound issues

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by jacko147, Mar 3, 2013.

1. jacko147

jacko147 New Member

I have a Directv genie going to NSZ-GS7 then to Yahama receiver pass through to tv, sound constantly skips initially or stops all together it seems to be very bad when watching something that is playing from DVR, if I rewind or fast forward sound will stop, I can correct this by pushing the home button on nsz-gs7 remote then pushing TV button and the sound will restore, I have tried replacing both of my hdmi cables with brand new 1.4 cables, I then tried using optical cable, I have also adjusted every sound setting I can find in the NSZ-GS7 system sound settings, nothing helps, do I have a faulty unit? or am i missing something? this is very frustrating it makes me watch commercials on dvr programs so my sound wont go out. Video also sometimes skips on dvr when programs first start, not always and not too much where it concerns me, but the sound problem is too much.

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Can you bypass the Yamaha receiver and see if the problem persists, from NSZ-GS7 directly using the display speakers? I am assuming running the DVR directly to the Yamaha receiver, there is no problem but if you haven't confirmed that, try that as well. I will try to recreate the problem here, I still have a DirecTV DVR without service but with some recordings, although I expect no issue since it isn't the same DVR.

3. jacko147

jacko147 New Member

I can confirm that the problem persists when I bypass the Yahama receiver and use the sound through the tv. I can also confirm the problem goes away when I bypass the NSZ-GS7.

4. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

OK, that sounds like one of those stupid HDMI communication issues, one device or the other is a little off, which one is difficult to pin down. I don't have the issue with the TiVo DVR or DirecTV HR10-250 and we know from users of the NSZ-GS7 that it works with several other DVRs without the issue as well. I should say I have seen sound mute when I have been switching around, doing various things with Google TV and I do have to hit the home key to bring sound back but it isn't related to the DVR, it just happens after using several different apps and I might be playing YouTube or any other Google TV app. If I sit down to watch TV, no other Google TV activity at all, I don't recall ever losing sound.