Quantcast

Sound issues

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by Jamesr913, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Jamesr913

Jamesr913 New Member

I just bought a gs7 after a bad experience with the Vizio Costar (and 3 replacements) and after initially setting it up last night I was very happy with the change. This morning however I received a call from my wife that the sound was not right, she said it sounded like my son's cartoon characters were 80 year old chain smoking women. I had her power off all the devices and even reboot the comcast cable box and nothing worked. I ended up just having her remove the gs7 from the setup but I was wondering if anyone has ever heard the or experienced this issue

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I believe the following thread might contain some information that is useful to you:

http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...e-when-fast-forwarding-changing-channels.html

LicensedNERD posted the following fix in post #8 in the thread that I linked to above. (Several GTV users said it fixed their various sound issues):

"In the "Picture & Sound" settings, I choose "Noise reduction", and set it to "High". Under The "Sound" settings, in the "Audio output(HDMI)" section I choose PCM. (I confess I don't even know what that means, but that's what I chose. BTW, I wrote down the settings before I changed them, in case I fouled something up and could change them back.) The "Audio output(Optical)" is UNCHECKED."Audio pass-through" is set to OFF. "Audio DRC" is ON. Your mileage may vary, I won't pretend to say I know what I'm doing, BUT, These settings now produce silent, (no pop, crackle, siss, or screech) when I fast forward or change channels etc. Sorry i took so long getting back to you."

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013