Quantcast

soon owner of Sony 46" Gtv

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by LePapirrikY, Nov 22, 2011.

1. LePapirrikY

LePapirrikY New Member

Well I'm ready for this black Friday and I found the sony 46" to be very appealing, so my wife and I will be buying it. Is there any heads up on this particular model that I should be aware? Should buy something else with this new tv that I may need later then or I shouldn't bother buying this TV at all?Thanks for all your answer, in the mid time I'll dig into the forum more :)

2. gomezf75

gomezf75 New Member

welcome aboard. im also buying a gtv. but im buying mine for christmas;) i think u should buy it. but keep in mind that i dont have a gtv yet so i dont have room to talk yet lol

3. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I recommend if you're planning on gaming then get the Logitech Revue or the Sony Google TV Blu-Ray player. That way you don't have to put up with the signal lag. Plus, if you buy it separately then you can take advantage of features not included in the Sony Internet TVs that other less expensive LCDs might have at the same or lower price range.

4. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

Hello LePapirrikY

And welcome to our forum.
    Were are all glad to see new members here at GTV.
    Please have a look around, and if you have any questions or have anything you wish to share, feel free.

Thanks again,

The Google TV Forum Team.

5. zen2go

zen2go New Member

The Sony 46" GTV has only digital audio out. No analog.

6. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

The left-side of the set has headphone jacks which is analog audio out.

7. zen2go

zen2go New Member

Correct. Note, however, that using the headphone jacks means muting the TV speakers as well. Thus, if you hook up the headphone jacks to an A/V receiver, you will always have to turn on the receiver in order to get sounds. With a separate analog output, like some other TVs have, this would not be necessary.

8. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I think even if you use an optical to analog converter with the digital optical output of the Sony Internet TV, you'd still need to make the same decision in GTV Settings > Pictures & sound > Speakers > TV speakers or Audio system.

9. zen2go

zen2go New Member

That's interesting!

10. LePapirrikY

LePapirrikY New Member

well i dont think ill be using this tv for video games but mostly for browsing, listening music and watching videos. but what really bugs me its all the ads, i wanna be able to block like on pc or even my phone, where i can block all the ads because i hate seen those things flying around, specially on a big screen.

so far i love it, it pretty much replace my laptop but of course for other things i still use my laptop. is there any way to root my tv? i have spended too much time on my tv that havent browse the forum just yet.