Quantcast

Sony's Second Generation Google TV Remote At CES 2012?

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by CatfishRivers, Jan 8, 2012.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Sony's second generation Google TV remote control at CES 2012? | The Verge (click for full article)

"Sony's first Google TV remote control was, how should we say... busy. Now we've received images of what appears to be the company's second generation remote control sitting to the right of its older nemesis.

If you look closely enough you'll notice a full QWERTY on one side of the slimmed down remote, and what looks like a touchpad and d-pad control on the other for remote mousing during your Google TV lean-back. The fact that we can visually identify these features is already an improvement over the original."

2. drhill

drhill Member

Honestly I think I would rather have a slider, but that might be much to big. The original remote was actually really good once you used it for an hour or so. It did have it's faults though.

1) No backlight.
    2) Missing some cable buttons.
    3) Two hands mostly required.
    4) Inconsistent optical track pad.
    5) Not configurable at all.

There are probably others, but it wasn't as bad as people who never used it claim. The first three flaws look fixed.

3. Petro

Petro New Member

I'm guessing this will work with our older tv's right?

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

It would depend on your TV, I suppose. Do you have to feed a dinosaur or something to get it working like in the Flintstones?

5. Petro

Petro New Member

what i meant was the older Google TV's.. or the previous version of the tv will be compatable with this new remote?

6. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Ah, okay... I guess that's something we're just going to have to wait and see.