Quantcast

Sony's Google TV screen sizes and prices leak?

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by Bluen25, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Bluen25

Bluen25 Member

According to Engadget:

Sony's Google TV screen sizes and prices leak? -- Engadget

Looks like Sony has decided that they are going to charge a Premium for Google TV integration. From what the article says, it looks like $300 is going to be the Google TV cost no mater what platform you choose.

2. Darkseider

Darkseider New Member

For someone who doesn't have the room for a physical box this makes sense. Those of us who have an entertainment center with the space or or planning to redo our entertainment center than this doesn't make sense at all since sourcing the components out will be much cheaper than an all in one TV like Sony is offering.

3. faganm24

faganm24 New Member

These prices are wrong that were leaked. The official prices are shown in the press release in this article.
    Sony Google TV HDTVs and Blu-ray player launch details revealed -- Engadget

Quoted from the press release:
    "Sony Internet TV Line

Featuring four LCD HDTVs with Google TV built-in, the Sony Internet TV line includes the 24-inch class NSX-24GT1 ($599.99), the 32-inch class NSX-32GT1 ($799.99), the 40-inch NSX-40GT1 ($999.99), and the 46-inch NSX-46GT1 ($1,399.99).

Sony Internet TV Blu-ray Disc Player

The Sony Internet TV Blu-ray Discâ„¢ player with Google TV built-in, NSZ-GT1 ($399.99), also allows users to enjoy all of the powerful features of Google TV on their existing HDTV."

4. AndroidIsTheTruth

AndroidIsTheTruth New Member

So is this software that could upgraded to the PS3? Cause that would be AWESOME for me.

5. alphawave7

alphawave7 Moderator Staff Member

Hey AITT! Uncertain, but I did run across an article that discussed this VERY thing..upgrading the PS3 to support Netflix/etc. and it didn't require a disc...now I can't recall where I saw it, so let me hunt it down...

Whoops! Not GoogleTV at all...just a Netflix app update:
    http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010...ming-app-adds-hd-surround-sound-ditches-disc/

I'm suffering from info overload, and it's all running together! :p

6. Bluen25

Bluen25 Member

I think putting Google TV on the PS3 would problematic in that it only has one HDMI. Is the PS# HDMI 1.3a? I'm sure if Sony really wanted to they could come up with a solution to this problem, but IMHO I don't think they want to as it would take a huge chunk of there Blu-Ray and TV sales. There are Millions of people with PS3s.