Quantcast

Sony updates coming soon

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by trallyus, Jun 6, 2012.

1. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Found this on Google+ as well as twitter -

Google tv developers on Google+ posted this about the sony devices

Sony devices are getting OTA update v.2.1.1 for your #GoogleTV right now and will be completed in the next couple of days. Enhancements include:

- Watch movies rented through Google Play
    - YouTube.com/movies on YouTube

Stay tuned for news on updates for Logitech Revues.

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Sounds like a nice update. Seems like the updates for Sony GTV are always a notch ahead of the Logitech Revue. The version that the Revue is getting over the next few days is 3.2 - so I don't think it will include this v2.1.1.1 update (that you mention for Sony devices). Hopefully Logitech will put out the 2.1.1 update before all the warranties expire.

3. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I have both and although the Sony Blu-ray w/GTV player is a little better, I believe the Sony might be slightly more stable, the differences don't amount to much for my needs. Things of course could change and I might start using GTVBox and local files which could provide a real advantage for the Sony. In a year or two if the Sony GTV gets a couple more updates that would probably make the gap bigger as well.

I now believe having a Blu-ray player with Google TV is a really good idea, even though I didn't need another Blu-ray player and I have better Blu-ray players, everything with one HDMI input, TiVo, Blu-ray and Google TV, makes it easy for anybody in the house to use. No switching TV or AV Receiver inputs, same remote runs everything. Sony and LG make really good Blu-ray players and future GTV products from those companies should be excellent.

4. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

getting the update now!!

operating system stability improvements
    performance enhancements - including chrome browser startup time
    improve accuracy of built in clock

3.2_2012521

5. drhill

drhill Member

Got the update yesterday morning. I haven't played with it much, but the update was huge in the sense that now the build int media player can play certain DLNA streams for a product I was beta testing software before.

I am very happy now. I just need to write a nice front end for this specific purpose. =)

6. khh

khh New Member

Yes, they did indeed fix the clock. It's about time.

7. zen2go

zen2go New Member

Pun intended? :)

8. Winkle

Winkle New Member

I didnt know the clock was screwy? I used the timer all the time so im not late for work!

9. Balbo

Balbo New Member

Will there ever be an update to allow the NSX's to use webcams for video calls. I would like to use my 40GT1-NSX for Skype calls, but no video call apps exist that will load on it. There is also no usb drivers for web cams.

10. khh

khh New Member

The clock on my google tv would lose about 10 seconds per hour. I got in the habit of resetting it all the time. The clock now seems to range between a couple of seconds fast to a couple of seconds slow, so I would guess it's being automatically reset several times a day. I used an online clock tied to the USNO for the time comparison.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012