Quantcast

Sony TV buyer

Discussion in 'Sony Internet TV' started by Winkle, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Winkle

Winkle New Member

Just got it and was like WOW then OMG..
    So guess the news is we are waiting for this update and its not until a month??

So I thought Google was on point cuz I hear they buying this and doing that.. what happened to the TV.
    Is there a place to get official news about what this company does for GoogleTV.. Ive read a few from blogs and that aint cutting it.
    This is my first android purchase and I think they are hating on us..
    On the other hand why did Sony only rely on this TV OS? Im not sure if the TV is only Google TV or what..
    I hear news about Logitechs hacking, so how far does Google TV is actually implemented in my Sony..
    sad to say Im thinking only reason why I like this TV is cuz of Sony... my little remote control already gets lost amidst my snack smokes and empty drinks!

Dont know what to ramble about but.. I thought I was gunna get a customizable TV with options to change background and have widgets? Is this update gunna do that...

2. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

First off welcome to the boards. The official links for info about google tv are Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More , The Official Google TV Blog , GoogleTV's Channel‏ - YouTube , Twitter but google is pretty tight lipped about what it has planned for the future of google tv and that is why everyone and his brother is getting on the bandwagon to write bad stuff about the google tv.

Besides the Official sources that are stated above, you can also go to google news and type in google tv - google tv - Google Search but like i said the news is skewed as lots of people are now buying the revue to mod it and the reporters writing the stories wont know that until they get the numbers.

Basically google tvs are for early adopters at the moment who are willing to put up with the stuff we are in hopes the ugly duckling becomes a swan so to speak.

3. Winkle

Winkle New Member

Well glad to be here.. thanks for the links, ill bookmark em just to know whats going on.. Id like to do some personal apps, which is my level of expertise but Ive seen in the marketplace that Google uses Java.. so thats not me..! Well im enjoying my TV now using my WD Passport which i think was dropped enough times that I was able to save my most important new hobby stuff during the corrupt exchange.. :( Anyhow, now looking into other usb devices but probally wont hear news of that till later..
    -
    Ive been around the "net" and cant believe the amount of negative things said about google, all I know is that I hate running a PC just for movies so its whatever to me..
    I see you got PlayOn.. I saw that briefly and do I have to pay for a larger service? Whats is limitations? Might as well see whats up now as I got this cuz my monitor broke really and saw the bargain and my non gaming days are here with no HDMI ,rofl! But im half wasted and bout to go the PC Store.
    Again thanks for the links ill check em later, still hoping for a easy fix with the Marketplace.
    FOR THE RECORD I OWN AN IPOD TOUCH 4G..

4. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Playon runs on a computer 24/7 for me and allows me to watch hulu and a ton of other channels on it as well. If your intereset in playon I think they let you trial it free for 14 days before it reverts to a limited mode that requires registration. If you like you can pay for it via monthly , yearly or a one time fee of 79.99 I think. I love it but there are other options like TVersity which has some videos at TVersity - Screenshots & Videos

There are others as well I think that others will probably recommend but my favorite is playon since it just worked for me. I suggest you check the forums and see what works for you as most of the programs are shareware and have a one time price. Some are lower and some are higher priced thought.

5. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

New post on google tvs blog :) It's about something called MeeGenius I think

6. PatrickRhodus

PatrickRhodus New Member

I have found Play on dot tv too and it is great. Google TV should buy it out and then make TV- Links dot eu part of it. Imagine some small company like PLAY on dot tv can come up with all of this next to the sleeping giant GOOGLE. This has our smarted the giant again.

7. PatrickRhodus

PatrickRhodus New Member

I am thinking about going ahead and purchasing the life time subscription of PLAY ON but I just dont know. It seems like there still might be something better out there and I would probably find it right after I pushed the buy button. Has anyone had that experience and is there something better than play on out there?

8. Winkle

Winkle New Member

ok back.. Well my trip to the PC store was great.. purchased a new external HDD with USB that works flawlessly with my TV. (ive heard many negative USB issues)
    Im watchin HD MKV movies and some music, the best thing it matches my TV and has a great Interface hardware/software.. its the - Hitachi Life Studio Plus

Well Ill stick to this instead of trying to network, I dont have a vast movie collection and use Netflix too.
    Still hoping for more news on the update. its no secret so why are they being hush hush?