Quantcast

Sony TV and Logitech Revue Google TV's receiving Android 3.2 Update

Discussion in 'Google TV News' started by dgstorm, Jun 7, 2012.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

We have good new Google TV owners. Both the Sony TV and the Logitech Revue versions of Google TV will soon be getting an update to Android 3.2. For the Sony TV's, one of the new features is that you are now able to rent and watch movies from the Play Store. Also you can watch YouTube movies from YouTube.com. (These may also apply to the Logitech Revue.)

Here's a list of other fixes for the Logitech Revue update:
    • Fix for 1-way keyboard controller pairing failures
    • Fix for locking/freezing at EULA screen.
    • New Logitech Help Assistant application.
    • Fix for links within the Logitech legal documents not able to be navigated via Directional pad on the keyboard controller.
    • Fix for Picture-In-picture not resuming audio, when back from Pandora.
    • Fix for Wrong error message when Price/Quality produce no matches in TV&Moves.
    • Netflix application update.
    • Fix for Netflix – application crash with ERROR_SIGSEGV – GDL_ERR_NO_MEMORY
    • Fix for Netflix – unable to play Netflix content after update
    • Fix for Netflix – application exits unexpectedly: EXITED_SIGSEGV – max retries on ISS.mem file
    • Fix for Netflix – user receives an error saying that their account has been deactivated when no deactivation operation has been performed
    • Fix for Netflix ’Are you a Netflix Member’ sign out error.
    • Fix for cursor is missing in the search field.
    Sound off in the forums when you get your update!

Source: TalkAndroid: (1) & (2)

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Shadez

Shadez New Member

Just installed the update now on the Sony 40 inch .. and I see a honeycomb :)

Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
  3. russellliss

russellliss New Member

I got the update, but now the play store does not work, and TV guide and movies app does not work. After rebooting, and playing with network settings, found out that when I try and change my tv service provider it no longer likes my zip code. This explains why tv and movies not working, but not the play store. Any one else having provider issues. I saw someone on the sony forum with the same issue?

4. chargerdan

chargerdan New Member

I'm having this exact same problem. In network settings the Internet status says unknown. Doesn't seem like this update was good for us.

5. russellliss

russellliss New Member

I noticed that as well. I am connecting over wifi, will try and physically plug in, and see if that makes a difference. Although I doubt it, as most other apps have no issue connecting to the internet.

6. tbryant11366

tbryant11366 New Member

I am having this same issue. Been on the phone for 2 hours with Logitech. They know there is an issue and there is supposed to be a fix out by Friday June 15th 2012.

7. kellsarah

kellsarah New Member

My Logitech updated sometime in the last week, it was so seamless that I didn't even notice it until I saw a post about it and went to check to see that I already had it. I already knew what to expect though because my NSZ-GT1 has been running 3.2 since ~February. It is nice that the update for the revue added HLS support so now Plex will trans code DTS audio making it playable on the Revue.

8. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Have you tried googling the play store link in google chrome and clicking the link and then going to my android apps and seeing if the playstore app or the movies and tv app needs updated ? Maybe the 2 apps need updated.

9. russellliss

russellliss New Member

Have just tried the play store via chrome. TV app is just marked as installed, and I can't find the play store app.

I don't think it is an issue with the app, just with the zip code selection to choose your provider. However, that does not explain the play store not working.

10. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Check to make sure your cable box or whatever you use as a tuner to watch tv with is set to default device as my zipcode works and i live in no name town that isn't even on most maps :)

11. eddiebaretoe

eddiebaretoe New Member

I'm experiencing the same woes with my Sony NSX46GT1... Very frustrating!
    1. Black screen when launching Play native app
      • I can use Chrome & use Play, but unable to update
    2. TV returns Invalid ZIP error when attempting any valid ZIP code in the U.S.
    3. Netflix launches without any images, just text
    I hope this is fixed soon! I feel like kicking my ******* "smart" TV!

Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  12. eddiebaretoe

eddiebaretoe New Member

I have a Sony Internet TV (NSX-46GT1) and this update broke 4 things (that I'm aware of):
    1. Unable to assign a channel lineup provider (DirecTV) because my TV now is unable to recognize any valid US ZIP code
    2. IR Blasters no longer function
    3. Netflix native application loads without any images and unable to determine where my cursor is
    4. Google Play hangs on "Loading..." screen and then it's just blank (I can access Play using Chrome, but it's a work around none the less)
    SONY/GOOGLE NEEDS TO FIX THIS ASAP

13. russellliss

russellliss New Member

Since the Play Store updated after Google IO's announcement, I now have full functionality again.
    I can get into the Play store, TV and Movie guide works, and when checking system status, Internet went from "Unknown" to "Connected".